Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Just noticed Evegeny Kuznetsov's gloves look like they have no cuff. What do you guys think? Would this just be for mobility or what? I wonder if he does anything to make up for the lost protection on his wrists

evgeny-kuznetsov-drives-to-the-net-450x282.jpg

Just looks like a Widow..

widow%20grip%20blue.jpg

But there is no stripe. I thought the had the stripe to show the dagger. Plus the taper is almost non existent.

But there is no stripe. I thought the had the stripe to show the dagger. Plus the taper is almost non existent.

Pro Stock graphics are different.

Pro Stock graphics are different.

True, but there is no taper. And why would they hide it when they want everyone to buy that stick?

The "stripe" or Dagger is on the top of the stick, not the bottom.

When do the Thrashers hold an equipment sale? I've been wondering forever!!!

they have a STH event at Philips Arena a few days before the start of the season. I haven't been a STH in years but I can usually find a friend with an extra ticket. there's usually a TON of sticks (mostly lefties but they have more right hand shots this season) and a smattering of other gear. last year I got Marty Reasoner's Warriors (later traded) and a pair of almost brand new Warrior pants. total cost? $55.

I'll be looking when the Thrashers have their gear sale in the Fall. :)

Lucky dog! You'll have to let us know how it goes. Not to derail the thread, but I love ATL's colors...and believe it or not, I'm a HUGE fan of the 3rd jerseys.

Looks like Kovy is cutting the tape that touches the ice on his blade and leaving the rest, a la Briere, Nedved, Roszival, and some others. Might have to give that a try. I'm guessing it speeds the blade up - less lag?

He's been doing that since his first run here in Pittsburgh

Kris Letang in an all black stick tonight. Looks to be the Stealth RS.

Noticed it from their Morning practice pics but got a better look at it with a replay.

pens-morning-skate-32911-8.jpg

Ryan Kesler using an S19 right now instead of his usual X:60. Another bauer guy using easton?

Kesler definitely using an S19 tonight. I actually had to do a double take watching the game, but he is.

111097928_slide.jpg

Any chance Letang's all black stick is a Base stick? When I ordered my stick from Base they said that in the (definitely rare) occasions that NHLers use their sticks, they use the all black ones.

Any chance it's a Base stick? When I ordered my stick from Base they said that in the (definitely rare) occasions that NHLers use their sticks, they use the all black ones.

For Letang? No it's an RS. On one of the replays they showed a close up of his shot from behind and you can see the graphics. If you look closely on the pic I posted(I know it's small) you can see the yellow on the bottom of the shaft.

Vern Fiddler using an RS tonight. Probably a repaint for him as every S19 & EQ50 of his have been SE16's.

Mikkel Boedker using a S19. Seems to be trying new sticks lately. TotalOne to RS other night to S19 past 2 games.

It does look like that..

evgeny-kuznetsov-drives-to-the-net.jpg

can someone help me with some insight on this? What would he do for the under-wrist part of the cuff? Looking at my own gloves Im not entirely sure what he has done, although I can guess maybe he had a different cuff, maybe Savard or something and had just the top removed???

can someone help me with some insight on this? What would he do for the under-wrist part of the cuff? Looking at my own gloves Im not entirely sure what he has done, although I can guess maybe he had a different cuff, maybe Savard or something and had just the top removed???

I would assume he would add a slash guard to his elbow pad or maybe wear wrist guards.