Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Talk about your thinly veiled advertisement.

It was veiled? The big ad in the middle made it pretty obvious that those questions were bought and paid for.

Pic that came along with the article. I like the blacked out version...

CAMMALLERI-copy.jpg

there is no blackout version, the other side of the stick has the yellow design.

ca4212df7be7c5bd8a83478c1bfa2ead-getty-102908783pb009_philadelphia.jpg

Elias got his hattrick with the RS tonight.

As I see the RS more and more, it's really starting to grow on me. It should've been stated before but I see the potential for team colors replacing the standard yellow, but I wonder why Easton hasn't made their lettering more visible (ie in white)?

His Creepers are sexy with his home flag next to his name.

Spacek and the Czech flag in his mitts, as does Andrei Kostitsyn with the Belarus flag.

The soft version at that.

I don't remember seeing a 4-2 stiffness. I can't imagine how soft those are. I remember seeing stiffnesses of 5-3, 5-5, and 7-5.

Charles

I don't remember seeing a 4-2 stiffness. I can't imagine how soft those are. I remember seeing stiffnesses of 5-3, 5-5, and 7-5.

Charles

Oh thats the stiffness? I assumed it was to match his jersey no. 42.

Oh thats the stiffness? I assumed it was to match his jersey no. 42.

On retail skates the numbers on the heel referred to the stiffness. I do not know specifically for these skates, it's just an assumption.

As I see the RS more and more, it's really starting to grow on me. It should've been stated before but I see the potential for team colors replacing the standard yellow, but I wonder why Easton hasn't made their lettering more visible (ie in white)?

Definitely agree that it's strange the name is in black. It looks great, but if you're not looking at the backhand of the stick it's completely unidentifiable, even from up close.

Are you guys really surprised by the marketing behind this stick? You're all talking about it, because you cannot tell what it is on the TV, in pictures... it's all guess work. Which, in turn, makes people go looking for the stick.

It works.

Are you guys really surprised by the marketing behind this stick? You're all talking about it, because you cannot tell what it is on the TV, in pictures... it's all guess work. Which, in turn, makes people go looking for the stick.

It works.

There are so many ways to market a product and this is one of them; creating an 'unknown/mystery' factor and inviting curiosity. But we really should be honest, would the average hockey fan (let's face it, we're not :P) really care about what stick so and so (not the Crosbys or Ovechkins for sure) is using? It's black with some color on it... to the average fan watching at home, it's not much different from the black dominated T1's, X:60s, S19s, 11Ks, CLs etc. I know we here at MSH care about this stuff for sure, but I'm not convinced that the 'average' (hard to define though...I guess the ones less concerned about gear?) really pays much attention to this stuff. Maybe it will spike curiosity, but once they see it's not on any store shelves yet, it might fade away... This is very interesting and the reason why I'm interested in marketing for the future :P

All of the other black dominated sticks that you have listed have clear branding names on them in a contrasting color. The RS does not. So, yes, it is actually very different.

But what I'm saying is that I don't think this marketing tactic (curiosity factor) will be very effective because 'most' people will just see another black stick with color accents. Easton sticks WILL sell, mostly due to brand recognition and other factors which LHS owners should testify to, which is why for those of us outside the marketing aspect of the business; it will be difficult to gauge the success of this tactic.

Easton isn't like the smaller brands which needs to have their logos blackened due to regulations (right? I don't remember off the top of my head), but by doing exactly this, haven't they just put themselves a bit higher on the obscurity/exposure ladder?

for those of you who enjoy contradicting other people's posts, this my own opinion. If you disagree, please state WHY and not just say it's wrong. Respect my opinion and I will gladly respect yours :happy:

edit: sorry for getting off-topic, I think I should move this to the Stealth RS thread

You know how some players spray paint their sticks black anyways? What if Easton is using that to their advantage so that when ever any fan who may not be all that gear-knowledgeable see's an all black stick, they assume it's Easton. So when a player isn't actually using an Easton, it will appear as so anyways.

But what I'm saying is that I don't think this marketing tactic (curiosity factor) will be very effective because 'most' people will just see another black stick with color accents. Easton sticks WILL sell, mostly due to brand recognition and other factors which LHS owners should testify to, which is why for those of us outside the marketing aspect of the business; it will be difficult to gauge the success of this tactic.

Easton isn't like the smaller brands which needs to have their logos blackened due to regulations (right? I don't remember off the top of my head), but by doing exactly this, haven't they just put themselves a bit higher on the obscurity/exposure ladder?

for those of you who enjoy contradicting other people's posts, this my own opinion. If you disagree, please state WHY and not just say it's wrong. Respect my opinion and I will gladly respect yours :happy:

edit: sorry for getting off-topic, I think I should move this to the Stealth RS thread

This has not been the case for the EQ50 and to some extent, the S19.

It's kind of counterproductive to black out a stick in order to make people wonder what it is while you're simultaneously launching a publicity push clearly stating which players are using your new stick. There's not much of an air of mystique when a simple Google search clears away the fog.