Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

you'r right might be se16 repainted, since he used to the same with his se16 ealier in the season.

Ovechkin In his old U+ skates tonight

ovi was in his crazy lights in the first period, i'm guessing he keeps his reloadeds incase he has problems with his main pair. just like earlier in the season vs boston where he had one of each on

Having seen Parise pro stocks I can tell you he used a real S19, so he is most likely using a real RS, or possibly a repainted S19.

That's really interesting. A few years ago I saw pro stock Parise's from the Devils team sale and they were Synergys repainted as s17s.

His s19s have the taper on them?

Having seen Parise pro stocks I can tell you he used a real S19, so he is most likely using a real RS, or possibly a repainted S19.

Well I have Seeb some of his s19's painted as se16's but I think you may be right as his eq50's were s19's

ovi was in his crazy lights in the first period, i'm guessing he keeps his reloadeds incase he has problems with his main pair. just like earlier in the season vs boston where he had one of each on

its not like he only has one pair, you know? remember on 24/7 when he got like 4 pairs of cl's in just that one equipment delivery. i think hes wearing cl's b/c of his contracts with ccm but if he feels uncomfortable or superstitious he goes back to what he likes best.... just my thoughts..

its not like he only has one pair, you know? remember on 24/7 when he got like 4 pairs of cl's in just that one equipment delivery. i think hes wearing cl's b/c of his contracts with ccm but if he feels uncomfortable or superstitious he goes back to what he likes best.... just my thoughts..

At the end of the day if he really like the u+ pro, can't he just have those dressed as cl's? We see it all the time wear the guys are wearing the current bauer boot,(x60) but inside is the unrealeaed version (apx) for example.

Or, he only breaks in one pair at a time. He would have to rotate through all of the new pairs to break them in, so it's more likely he went with one new pair and keeps an older, broken-in pair for emergencies.

How terrible would it be to have to break in new skates every week or two? My feet would hate me.

From what I've heard from last two links of ccm skates it pretty much takes an hour to get them broken in, hell with my supremes its taken five minutes for last two pairs. If a skate fits ii great break-in shouldn't take long at all.

From what I've heard from last two links of ccm skates it pretty much takes an hour to get them broken in, hell with my supremes its taken five minutes for last two pairs. If a skate fits ii great break-in shouldn't take long at all.

True about the fit. When I was going through a pair or two a season, break-in was a breeze. Playing less frequently and intensely (read: beer league) has lessened the need for new skates, so the change is now more of a shock.

Has anyone dealt with a pair of Ovechkin's skates in person? He's a big dude, I would imagine he goes with some extra stiffness.

Break in time on u12s was one skate. They were so comfy compared to breaking in my old vector4s or Bauer classic series. From what I remember of an article about how pros get to wearing new skates is they startwearing them in optional skates and practices to break them in. Then they wear them in games when their main pair is on it's way out.

. From what I remember of an article about how pros get to wearing new skates is they startwearing them in optional skates and practices to break them in. Then they wear them in games when their main pair is on it's way out.

We did this all the way back in HS hockey in the 70's... Of course we also practiced 5 days a week minimum with 2 a days in preseason. 2 pairs of skates was fairly common on my team, though top of the line Bauer, CCM, or Hyde/Riedell skates were $100.00. I wish I could justify 2 pairs at $600+ for 2 - 3 days a week.

OV was in U+ Pro's again last nite. Looking closely at pics, they look pretty much brand new. He has grey leafed tuuks on them aswell, which he had the orange leafed ones all last year. My guess is he likes U pros better. The fact that he still wears his 08' V08 gloves makes me think ccm isn't too hard on him to wear the newest gear.

111682360.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57D7AAE00B94E5F0A5ABA49930B7C550B347184E8E5EECEBF48E30A760B0D811297

He hasn't had a great season this year, a lot of guys go back to the old stuff when they slump.

OV was in U+ Pro's again last nite. Looking closely at pics, they look pretty much brand new. He has grey leafed tuuks on them aswell, which he had the orange leafed ones all last year. My guess is he likes U pros better. The fact that he still wears his 08' V08 gloves makes me think ccm isn't too hard on him to wear the newest gear.

With him being CCM's main guy, I would think the marketing dept would like to see him in the latest product. His Ovi edition U+cl had great wall appeal, it really stood out from the other skates at my LHS. Maybe there's some glut of U pro's out there that need to be moved...lol.