Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Not a sighting per se, but something I found interesting. When Joffrey Lupul was traded to Toronto, he started out using those bronze coloured SE16's, which I didn't think anything of, seeing as he just came from the Ducks. Well today, I was in Real Sports in Toronto today where they sell a few game used sticks, turns out that the sticks he brought were actually Getzlaf's (marked with Getzlaf/15). They were a little steep in price I thought ($150 + tax) so I didn't pick one up, but they seemed to be in decent shape.

You mean orange? If not, pictures? :popcorn:

i do recall one time on Hockey Night in Canada just after he was traded, Glen Healy stated that he was using Getzlafs sticks cuz he wasn't playing well and wanted to try a new curve...and I guess it worked out pretty well for him...He was solid in T.O this season

It was definitely a nice curve. Like a Sakic with maybe a tad more toe.

You mean orange? If not, pictures? :popcorn:

Orangey-bronze. I wouldn't say it was Ducks orange.

anyone have a clue what shoulder pads kovy is wearing? look to be warriors...

There was a picture of him wearing the flimsiest looking DNR's a while back. Im sure he wears those with the Projekt caps.

isn't it because he's playing hurt? there's been reports about his ankle issues, Ovie never used to tape before!

I think someone on here had said that he tapes now because of rapid weight loss during the playoffs and the loss of volume of the foot. Maybe why? I haven't heard anything else.

I noticed in the playoffs he had on gloves with different style CCM logos too. Odd.

I think those are his old gloves from last year. He went through a terrible slump through November and decided to go back to those and ever since he's been wearing them.

Just noticed his gloves have different cuff logos.

Maybe he would use 1 set for the 1st and 3rd, 1 set for the 2nd so his other ones could dry? A bunch of times he had 1 of each on, just a thought.

because of rapid weight loss during the playoffs

Doubtful, Pro hockey players are on strict diets to insure that doesn't happen, especially in playoffs.

Doubtful, Pro hockey players are on strict diets to insure that doesn't happen, especially in playoffs.

Actually, players can lose between 5 and 8 lbs of waterweight during a game. not every player will, but it's not at all uncommon

Actually, players can lose between 5 and 8 lbs of waterweight during a game. not every player will, but it's not at all uncommon

Yeah, but that's not 'rapid weight loss' is it? Kind of a sketchy description imo (the weight loss thing suggested before)

Expanding the amount of energy these players do during games, with the little amount of body fat some of them have it's perfectly reasonable. And to think that they all follow very specific diets id naive. Ever seen the show "Day in the Life"? Many of the players eat the same thing before every game. They eat out, and even eat fast food. If they don't increase their calorie intake substantially the grueling effect playoff hockey takes on your body can surely reduce your weight quickly.

That's true but he wasn't taping his skates earlier in the year. If he's going to lose 5 to 8 lbs of waterweight now, he was going to be losing it earlier this year as well. Why is it all of a sudden a problem that needs tape? I don't think the weight loss is to blame here.

Correct, weight loss or gain has nothing to do with it, last time I checked there is no significant amount of meat around the ankle area, so your bone structure stays the same. I would think if you lost around 100 -120 lb maybe then the lower part of your foot would get skinnier. I personally think he too ka page from Mike Green's book who used to have XXXX skates and wrap the laces around the ankles, then realized the skates were too stiff, so switched to a softer skate and started taping the ankles to have more control over stiffness and flex, just like "ridiska99" explained it to you in his reply: http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/54660-taping-ankles-inquiry/.

Now Ovi always falls when cornering or changing sudden direction because his skates are always tied loose, so for the same reason as Green Ovi went back to a softer skate and more tape because CL is a much stiffer skate so harder to control stiffness with tape. Now for next year they might make him a pair with U+ internals and CL outer shell for marketing reasons.

Scott Gomez is another player who did the same switch from CL to 11k.

Cheers.

This makes sense to me i apply different amount of tape to my ankle when i play football depending on how much support i want while being able to wear low cut cleats.

The guys wearing green gloves either play for Salavat Yulaev UFA (ex: Radulov, Kozlov) or Ak Bars {ex: Morozov)....but it's usually the Salavat guys who choose to wear their green gloves in Int'l play for some reason.

EDIT: I love UFA's jerseys.