Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Been trying to find a pic, found one from preseason. Smaby using a Miken stick.

smaby.jpg

Will he use it all season? Smaby he will, Smaby he won't.

It felt blade heavy, shaft had a weird geometry, and felt "tinny" if that makes sense.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but does Alexei Kovalev use a shaft + blade combo? or is it a one piece AK ?

shaft + blade combo.

Ok, I know this was kinda touched on in here, but does anyone have any info on the new Warrior sticks being used by a few guys (kovalchuck)? In the newest issue of Let's Play Hockey there is a good three panel discussion regarding sticks with Easton, Bauer, and warrior. the warrior rep was taking about a " revolutionary new kickpoint process in our upcoming 2011 retail sticks. " I can only assume this is the stick Kovy is using right now.

Also for anyone who read that article, this coming from a huge warrior fan, but did the warrior rep sound way pretentious to you guys also? haha, he did make a few good points on why warrior has the widest selection for sticks but he made them sound like they were forged on a hidden moon base, using only the finest hand selected moon carbon, lol

Wojtek Wolski using an true EQ50 last night. Could see the window on the heel on a bench closeup pic last night. He had been flip-flopping between S19 & SE16.

The new Bauer 4Rolls. Available August 2011. Photo taken from Bauers Facebook.

Actually looks good. It's only been like 30 years that they've been using that design.

Chris Phillips is wearing Sherwood branded Warrior gloves (with the racing stripes, wtf). Sorry couldn't find a decent pic

Ok, I know this was kinda touched on in here, but does anyone have any info on the new Warrior sticks being used by a few guys (kovalchuck)? In the newest issue of Let's Play Hockey there is a good three panel discussion regarding sticks with Easton, Bauer, and warrior. the warrior rep was taking about a " revolutionary new kickpoint process in our upcoming 2011 retail sticks. " I can only assume this is the stick Kovy is using right now.

Also for anyone who read that article, this coming from a huge warrior fan, but did the warrior rep sound way pretentious to you guys also? haha, he did make a few good points on why warrior has the widest selection for sticks but he made them sound like they were forged on a hidden moon base, using only the finest hand selected moon carbon, lol

I'm not pretentious...just thorough.

Actually looks good. It's only been like 30 years that they've been using that design.

not so sure about it - if my eyes are serving me well the vents are gone?! that'd suck!

not so sure about it - if my eyes are serving me well the vents are gone?! that'd suck!

I saw a sample of these last week in a shop and the vents are still there, they are just cut on an angle in the nylon. The fit seemed to be the same as the NBH 4-rolls that I have, comfy.