Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Anyone know what up with the knob of his stick? It looks like the end of a pool cue and from that picture it doesn't seem like tape.

In Dallas he rounded the corners with a file. After that, he built up the end with lots of tape and stretch gauze.

At the Wild game last night, I noticed several defensemen seem to be clear shot blockers on their skates. Most prominently Brent Burns, who had a massive clear blocker on his (probably) broken foot.

Not everyday that you see a player from this angle, but just thought it was noteworthy that Talbot uses 4 copper rivets per skate, unlike the customary 2 per foot at the back of the rear tower.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Puck-Headlines-Sharks-lack-bite-whoomp-there-?urn=nhl-278538

I use 4 coppers also, I had an issue where I loosened the rivets on the front tower. The additional coppers seemed to work.

CCM/Reeboks come stock with coppers at the end of both towers.

Some Bauer/Nike models used to come with 3 coppers (one on the inside edge of the rear of the front tower.

The white tongue helps the look, but those are not very attractive. Wonder if adding ALIVE and Fusion steel will push them towards T1 pricepoint.

Shot of the New Bauer APX skates,

73582_491300915428_555770428_7574424_621011_n.jpg

Well, they had to mix it up a little bit after the competition's top skate took on a look very similar to the Vapor line. Brand identification is so important these days.

This is just a guess, but I don't think this is what they'll look like when their released. When the x60 pic was leaked there was a whole hoopla around the pic it's self. There doesn't seem to be anything like that going on and these skates shouldn't be out till April. I have a feeling/hope this is a pic to throw people off.

Also, what is Seguin wearing? They're not x60's and they're not these things. This whole thing seems a bit fishy. I guess we'll see in April.

The skates Seguin is wearing appears to be those without the red accent marks. Darker streaks are in their place.

105773198.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BF

The white tongue helps the look, but those are not very attractive. Wonder if adding ALIVE and Fusion steel will push them towards T1 pricepoint.

The fact that the T1s sold at that price point is enough reason for them to push these to it.

This is just a guess, but I don't think this is what they'll look like when their released. When the x60 pic was leaked there was a whole hoopla around the pic it's self. There doesn't seem to be anything like that going on and these skates shouldn't be out till April. I have a feeling/hope this is a pic to throw people off.

Also, what is Seguin wearing? They're not x60's and they're not these things. This whole thing seems a bit fishy. I guess we'll see in April.

That is the final skate unfortunately.