Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Stamkos at the beginning of tonight. TO gloves, one95 stick:

and by the end. XXXX gloves, "TO" stick:

Nice attention to detail. Any idea on his reasoning behind that? I know the stick change is likely just due to supply of TO graphics sticks.

because every Bauer advertisement is 100% fact...

Have you seen the video? I remember it getting posted all over the place. It was there new product shoot out.

I am not saying that he did it only because of the stick. Hell, I just bought a dolomite and love it shoots harder than my one85's do. Just saying that from a marketing standpoint they should not brag that Kovalchuk is using the new stick when he is struggling. Stamkos has what 16 or 17 points at this point. Kids want what the leading scorers want.

Patrick Kane in APX?

*Kane in APX mules*

Look closely.. compare his skates with Sharps. I wanna say they're APX..

Kane is in APX mules.

Kane is in APX mules.

Both Kane and Toews look to be in APX mules, just take a look at the game photos on the chicago website.

Nice attention to detail. Any idea on his reasoning behind that? I know the stick change is likely just due to supply of TO graphics sticks.

Lots of players will roll a few pairs of gloves in a game so they can always sport a dry pair.

Lots of players will roll a few pairs of gloves in a game so they can always sport a dry pair.

First time all season he has been in anything besides TO's.

These XXXX's were brand new. I was about 15 feet from the penalty box and got a good look when he got the tripping penalty. In the shoot I was on during training camp there was a pretty shot out pair of XXXX's that we used for his segment.

Love these gloves..

Ditto. Havlats Wilds look much better than the standard issue the team has IMO. A lot of Wild players use the same color pattern and Marty's gloves are nice fresh look.

Trying to find a recent linkable pic, but I think Nate Gerbe has been flipping between a TotalOne and a Nike Bauer XXXX.

You are correct sir!

Oh look, a jersey that has never been worn by the Penguins becomes the winter classic jersey, go figure. I don't mind the jersey itself but I really think that it should have been something that the pens actually used. Like old yellow sweaters of the 80s.

The blue jerseys were worn before the black and gold sweaters of the 80s. These take elements from the 67 jersey, so i'm not sure where the "something that the pens actually used" comment came from?

I like em

It isn't something that they wore before - it is the inverse of the original jersey, but with the circle logo. Same thing with Boston last year.

I agree with CAmmon on this - I'd rather see these "Classic" games have a true classic jersey.

The blue jerseys were worn before the black and gold sweaters of the 80s. These take elements from the 67 jersey, so i'm not sure where the "something that the pens actually used" comment came from?

I like em

I think they look like ass and "taking elements" means that the total design was never used before.

I think they look like ass and "taking elements" means that the total design was never used before.

I never said that the total design was worn before. I stated that blue jerseys were used before the black and gold, and as JR pointed out, the circle has been added hence my 'taking elements'.

I don't expect all fans and pens fans to like them, everyone has their opinion and are welcome to it. Personally, i'd prefer the cuff strips to not be as wide, and i'd prefer not to have nameplates, but still, I like them.