Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Video during the Rangers game tonight of Gaborik working on the ice by himself after practice thise morning wearing U+ skates and reebok 4 rolls

Interesting. Thought that he had a pretty solid deal with Easton. Maybe he just grabbed someones gear.

Was he using a S19?

Probably didn't grab someone's skates. It's odd that he would go with U+ instead of CLs as he has been a Vapor guy as long as I can remember.

With myself, JR, and Jay (MSH graphics guru) in the house. Not sure what gear pics JR got because of our access, but, I'm sure he has a pic or two to post.

kings09.jpg

kings10.jpg

kings11.jpg

kings12.jpg

Yes, Ryan Smyth's shin pads. It is the internal liner from a Jofa xx90 shinpad, with that exterior, the spine from a 6070 to give it a bit of structure, and a pink foam pad on the inside that rests on his kneecap.

Well in the U CL thread it was mentioned that not many pro's would rock them....

Dunno about that, Tavares, S. Koivu, Duchene, Datsyuk, Hedman do as well.

Edit, and some goon that wears #87 in Pittsburgh.

Andrei Kostitsyn was wearing the new Warrior Franchise gloves in the warm up against Buffalo tonight.

Is this a 3.0? I haven't heard anything about them yet. What's new/different?

Someone who knows the numbers would have to confirm this, but iirc 85% wear tuuks, 13% wear epro, and 2% other.

Probably, but Tuuks come stock on Bauer which has probably 70-75% of the market share for the pros in the NHL. Point was it's not unusual to see a pro in a CCM/Reebok skate that keeps the E-Pros on them.

JR, what's the deal with Smyth's shin pads? From the sound of it they are completely made from other pads and sewn together. What is the tan plastic though?

JR, what's the deal with Smyth's shin pads? From the sound of it they are completely made from other pads and sewn together. What is the tan plastic though?

Yes, Ryan Smyth's shin pads. It is the internal liner from a Jofa xx90 shinpad, with that exterior, the spine from a 6070 to give it a bit of structure, and a pink foam pad on the inside that rests on his kneecap.