Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

It's disrespectful towards the organization to say that they used the killing of two police officers as an excuse to cover a mistake.

You're saying someone else is being disrespectful after this comment?:

Classy move in my opinion. Koules (old ownership) would have been pissed the shooting stole the spotlight.

You're saying someone else is being disrespectful after this comment?:

Yes, I disrespected Koules.

How that diminishes anyone else saying that the Lightning management "brought the police shootings into it" is beyond me.

In the chat Marcelo said the jerseys had not arrived in Tampa yet, even as of today.

Just stating the truth.

By the way, why haven't they had the press conference yet? Maybe the same reason the original PC was canceled... :rolleyes:

So you're implying that they called the press conference, realized that they didn't have the jerseys ready, but used the police shootings as an excuse for not having an unveiling instead of just admitting that the jerseys weren't ready? If that's true, then that's pretty low. It implies that they used the shootings as a convenience, doesn't it? And true or not, if I were the Lightning, I'd be irritated that that's what you're posting.

I fail to understand why flat out stating it seems too difficult, but making allusions to it is okay. Because it is basically the same thing, especially if we're supposed to take you position and reputation into account, right? If you can't confirm or deny facts because of your relationship to the team or the industry, it would seem that the better course would be for you to just not say anything, wouldn't it? Especially since now you're starting rumors and the facts to back them up are "just trust me." And by the way, you're the one who opened this can of worms and made this an issue by coming in late to "correct" what everyone was taking at face value.

So you're implying that they called the press conference, realized that they didn't have the jerseys ready, but used the police shootings as an excuse for not having an unveiling instead of just admitting that the jerseys weren't ready? If that's true, then that's pretty low. It implies that they used the shootings as a convenience, doesn't it? And true or not, if I were the Lightning, I'd be irritated that that's what you're posting.

I fail to understand why flat out stating it seems too difficult, but making allusions to it is okay. Because it is basically the same thing, especially if we're supposed to take you position and reputation into account, right? If you can't confirm or deny facts because of your relationship to the team or the industry, it would seem that the better course would be for you to just not say anything, wouldn't it? Especially since now you're starting rumors and the facts to back them up are "just trust me." And by the way, you're the one who opened this can of worms and made this an issue by coming in late to "correct" what everyone was taking at face value.

Marcelo hasn't said the jerseys weren't ready. I did. Then everybody else has jumped on the "no jerseys from Rbk bandwagon" and started bashing TBL for using the shootings as an excuse to delay the unveilling. There could be dozens of other reasons to postpone. Maybe the NHL hasn't given their blessing the new jersey design? Maybe TBL didn't like some aspect of the jerseys? Either way, I agree, it was a classy thing to postpone so the focus to be squarely on the tragedy that occurred that day.

Marcelo hasn't said the jerseys weren't ready. I did. Then everybody else has jumped on the "no jerseys from Rbk bandwagon" and started bashing TBL for using the shootings as an excuse to delay the unveilling. There could be dozens of other reasons to postpone. Maybe the NHL hasn't given their blessing the new jersey design? Maybe TBL didn't like some aspect of the jerseys? Either way, I agree, it was a classy thing to postpone so the focus to be squarely on the tragedy that occurred that day.

Thanks, but I can read. He said that the reason given by the Lightning on their website wasn't true. And he chose to back that statement up by implying that there was another reason for the delay without giving the reason, leaving everyone to speculate and to ask for more information. And there's been nothing more given. And we've been told that's a good enough explanation because of his reputation.

And I don't see anyone bashing the Lightning for using the shootings as an excuse for the delay. What I see is him implying that's what they did. And that's a pretty heavy blow on the organization to decide to throw out there as an "industry insider" and not back up.

A couple things:

First, there are very few (if any) people on this site with better contacts than Marcelo. Unless it is an opinion, you can rest assured that he has information to back up his statement. It's not always possible to reveal the source of the information, as those people could get in trouble if people figure out who that source was. Long story short, if he says it is a fact, you should believe him until someone produces proof to the contrary. People seem to listen to Bob MacKenzie and he doesn't reveal who told him about each and every trade rumor.

Second, everyone knows that the PC would have been delayed due to the shooting, even if there was no other problem. They aren't hiding behind anything, nobody would have gone forward after that tragic event.

Third, lay off the personal commentary. There is no reason to get personal over this stuff, if isn't life and death. People are losing perspective over the stuff that is and isn't important in the grand scheme of things.

Fourth, this type of topic has been on the site for several years and we've never had to consider closing it before. Don't be the one that makes us do it for the first time.

Sometimes you can cut the pretentiousness with a knife around here...

Agreed, I don't like it, but there are some people...

IMO, without knowing the full truth as to the reason, we shouldn't be squabbling over speculation, reliable or not.

Best skates ever!!! I wish I could find another pair of 8D's.

Are you sure you wouldn't fit 13 B/AA? Man that is so long yet so thin, crazy.

whats with Avery and the bauer gloves in the past few games, I thought he was an eagle guy?

Noticed this the other day as well. I think they're x60s but it's tough to tell with the added padding the Rangers equipment manager added to all of their gloves.

Noticed this the other day as well. I think they're x60s but it's tough to tell with the added padding the Rangers equipment manager added to all of their gloves.

They are TotalONE gloves.

Are you sure you wouldn't fit 13 B/AA? Man that is so long yet so thin, crazy.

Pretty sure I won't. Im in Tomas Plekanec's skates, size 8D.