Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Why hasnt this been started yet?

Anyways, I figured I had a few questions about the gear in the game and should start a thread, feel free to post anything you saw that interested you. I have a few questions.

Rick Nash's Winwell gloves, are they actually made by Winwell or are they just dressed? Regardless, does anyone have any idea where I can find something similar?

Ovies pants, Does anyone know what model they are and what modifications he has done to them? the back really intrigued me.

Thanks everyone!

Anyways, I figured I had a few questions about the gear in the game and should start a thread, feel free to post anything you saw that interested you. I have a few questions.

Rick Nash's Winwell gloves, are they actually made by Winwell or are they just dressed? Regardless, does anyone have any idea where I can find something similar?

Ovies pants, Does anyone know what model they are and what modifications he has done to them? the back really intrigued me.

Thanks everyone!

Why don't you just post this in the new gear sightings thread?

Thanks everyone!

There has been a bunch of things that I've read on MSH about the gloves. Either Winnwell is back in the game, they rebranded TPS gloves, they bought the molds for the gloves and sell them, Winnwell now owns TPS (I guess they bought them from Bauer). Choose your theory!

Regarding Ovie's pants. I think they are the V08 pants and his trainer's add the extra back piece.

Thanks everyone!

Probably because there is already a gear sightings thread?

Why not just post the truth about them and if you don't know, just pass over the thread?

The fact is that Winnwell is an independent company using OEMs to make their gloves. One of those OEMs just happens to be the same factory who made the gloves for TPS. Other companies use that factory, including Torspo.

Which brings me to my off topic question... endorsement deals. I wonder what a small ( see non big 4 easton, warrior, bauer, rbk) have to pay guys to use their stuff? I mean you would think Winnwell would have to toss a pretty penny at guy with the status Nash has to get him to use their gloves.

One would think, especially with some players making several hundred thousand to use a particular brand and their products.

I was fortunate to meet Rick back in '02 and Bauer was after him hard. He went and stayed with us (TPS) for years on end while making "chump change" for a player of his caliber.

Well I guess it's good to know that some people arent just chasing the money. Obviously he makes a ton via his contract , nice to see him stay with a company like TPS and not biting on the Bauer dollars.

Well I guess it's good to know that some people arent just chasing the money. Obviously he makes a ton via his contract , nice to see him stay with a company like TPS and not biting on the Bauer dollars.

He's not Robin Hood, he's just particular about his gear.

whats with Avery and the bauer gloves in the past few games, I thought he was an eagle guy?

The pair he is wearing are actually Del Zotto's DZ4 is embroidered on the back of the cuff.

He's not Robin Hood, he's just particular about his gear.

Thanks Sublitwill

not to mention he could take the big money and just have them rebrand the current stuff he does use....

the question is, what happens to all those player-specific gloves that were made in the other team's color? Patrick Elias for example. did they make a pair of Team Lidstrom colored Warrior Creepers for him just in case he ended up on that team?

i thought taylor hall was the easton poster boy?! when did he get back to using bauer skates?

If I'm not mistaken he's been using them.

...also love the picture in my mind, showing 'Ovechkin's trainer sewing his pants'...

btw: Marcelo,what's with the rumour, Nash's friend went from TPS to WW and that's why he uses those gloves...?

Probably not, but, these players could play using most anything...

All I'm saying is he might just be a creature of habit, or else really particular about the tiniest things. There are enough stories from the NHL to corroborate that some guys are just nuts about their gear. (Jokinen.)

^^R8 or Surge 521 would be the same glove...so it's probably a personal thing...but never mind

just sad, if TPS would die..loved the sticks and bought enough of them when they were on sale here...I will take some 421 Torspos next weeks and compare to my R8s...

He shot harder with the S19 too...

Also just saw Brad Richards uses EQ50's with visible weights. Or the weights were a sticker, but regardless they were there.

Richards also sprays the bottom of his shaft/blade silver. He said he doesn't like black blades. I found that pretty neat.