Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

You guys need to see the jerseys on the ice- they look much, much better in action. Wait until the action shots hit the website........they really look great out on the ice. They really pop when they are in real use (not just walking out on the ice).

Just to clear the air- the Jerseys arrived in Tampa late last sunday- there wasnt enough time before the Mon PC to send them out to be lettered and numbered, so Ray Thill spent hours hand punching the letters and numbers, then sewing them all on. Any action shots on ice you see of Vinny, Marty, and Stammer were shot last Mon. after the press conference time slot. There was no connection between the canceled press conference and the uniforms-the players were wearing the full uni's that same day..

Oh god those were hideous- there is a guy that comes to games in those all the time- he loves how awful they are.

The current Bolts thirds will remain in use next season.

Full Season Ticket Holders will receive a home jersey free with their package (1 for each seat). They have a special "STH" patch on the front right shoulder and a special bolt on the left sleeve. There is an RFID chip in the bolt on the sleeve that automatically discount concessions and merchandise.

I'm a fan of simpler jerseys (Kings retro 3rds, Northstars, etc etc) but these are a little bit too simple. I feel like the logo needs a little bit more definition. I certainly don't hate them, I quite like them actually, but I feel they could've done just a little bit more with it without completely ruining the direction they wanted to go with the look.

I think a "3-stripe" single stripe system would've worked; like the Kings silver/black. Jersey needs a second color, and the logo needs definition.

I think you're dead on about another color for definition JR. I also think the shoulder logo is better than the main one, not that you could swap them out, just a good shoulder patch.

Step 1) Obtain Detroit design pre-EDGE

Step 2) Click paint palette, choose royal

Step 3) Click Paint Bucket tool

Step 4) Click on anything red

I think a "3-stripe" single stripe system would've worked; like the Kings silver/black. Jersey needs a second color, and the logo needs definition.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it until you said that, that's exactly it.

I think if the logo had a little more pop, more detail, it'd be a better jersey. The Red Wings jersey is simple yes, but there is a lot of detail in the wing. This logo is just too simple.

This will just give them an excuse to launch a "back in black" 3rd jersey in 3 years though...

Would look better with black pants, even more so with some black accents...black/blue/white was always their thing IMO.

How much influence did Yzerman have on this? Does this usually fall under the GM's duties? I'm a little surprised Yzerman would sign off on a carbon copy of the red wings uniforms.

Would look better with black pants, even more so with some black accents...black/blue/white was always their thing IMO.

I'm going to have to disagree there, black pants would look pretty hideous. They're trying to get away from the black/blue/white and look more traditional. I like the color, but would have preferred a bit different style to the jersey itself.

How much influence did Yzerman have on this? Does this usually fall under the GM's duties? I'm a little surprised Yzerman would sign off on a carbon copy of the red wings uniforms.

He was the operator of the paint bucket tool...

"But I don't know how to use Photoshop..."

"Just click, Steve, just click."

:)

Yea it's pretty much the Red Wings template (which is already used way too much in hockey) with Toronto's colors and really bland cresting.

Just blahh overall.

I think they've done a nice job. The logo is much cleaner, and although the design is similar to the Wings, it's a great hockey look. I'm glad they've not gone for a monstrous OTT design. Would've been nice to keep the bolt on the pants though.

The shoulder patch is pretty neat. It would makke a real nice crest for a new third down the road.

The current uni's look great. It's hard to see them go after what.....3 seasons? The gloves are the real killer though- that design has always looked cool- the manufacturers really got into using it. Gonna miss them. Here's hoping for a big sale at the end of the year.

The shoulder patch is pretty neat. It would makke a real nice crest for a new third down the road.

That's the only logo I like of the three. Wish it was the primary. Just my opinion though.

Not sure why but the term "hockey club" always gets me. Love that the Rangers are using it with their 85th season presentation because it really hits on the history of the team. The Lightning certainly don't have the same type of history, but I still like the term.

The shoulder patch is just a rehash of what Reebok is calling their "tradition" patch...eg...Columbus...Florida...STL...Minnesota...

The current uni's look great. It's hard to see them go after what.....3 seasons? The gloves are the real killer though- that design has always looked cool- the manufacturers really got into using it. Gonna miss them. Here's hoping for a big sale at the end of the year.