Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

DSjunior just made a good point in chat.....since they are keeping the third..... they must be keeping the current pants and gloves around too for those games.....right?

there are a number of things that i like about the new jersey.

shoulder patch, minimalism, the removal of black from the color palate...

i do think there should be a third color. the old gray would be a nice accent, i think.

theres also something about the way the "a" in "bay" linking up with the lightning bolt that really bugs me.

i wish teams would break away from the stupid reebok template.

Ha...who would have thought a few paint strokes would completely change my opinion on those jerseys. Geez, they look a helluva lot better now.

yeah have to agree, love the shoulder patch and thats about it

good job on the fixes JR :happy:

Black worked for the Lightning...it's generally dark when lightning strikes.

They were one of the few teams that did black in the early 90's...then everyone went black...and now blue is the new black and TBL goes blue.

I guess I don't mind the overall look of the uniform, but I can't really see it as an upgrade when comparing to the current uniforms. The simple and complex elements in the uniform make them unique and make for a better overall look I think.

I definitely don't like how the crest has a "one color screen" look to it, as it has no containing shape. Even if it was a blue outline against blue and white outline on the white, I think it would make it look less cheap.

25_tb.jpg

added a few stripes and moved the word away from the bolt a bit.

I was thinking something along those line, but I had the gray stripe in the middle of the blue one.

I actually like them a lot. Simple yet sleek. Although a little bit disappointed that the sweet black/blue/silver gloves are being replaced.

Weird to see these introduced now. The current jerseys are going to have lame duck status.

I actually like them a lot. Simple yet sleek. Although a little bit disappointed that the sweet black/blue/silver gloves are being replaced.

Weird to see these introduced now. The current jerseys are going to have lame duck status.

They said they wanted to get it out of the way before they leaked. Plus the STH jerseys are a big part of the season ticket package. Combine those with a playoff run and they are probably seeing season ticket package dollars.

Reminds me more of the old Shazam super hero uniform except not red and yellow. The round crest edging makes me think carolina hurricanes too. I can't say I hate it but the design does give me a feeling that there is an element missing somewhere.

I thought the Tampa Bay Lightning had one of the better looking jerseys in the post-lockout era. I liked their jerseys so much that I strongly considered purchasing a Steven Stamkos jersey late last year.

In my opinion, the elimination of the black from their colour scheme would have been okay had the new Lightning logo been more aesthetically pleasing. With this logo, I think they should have kept the black in their colour scheme.

This logo is simply too plain for my taste. It is definitely going to take some getting used to.

This is why when you are a fan of a team and they do something like this and trash the uniform that you love, you want to go crazy. WTF were they thinking?

I'm not a TBL fan but this look is pretty bad.

I am.... wtf were they thinking. Jr's slight modifications make the jersey 1209312039102931029302193 times better.

Almost forgot, I want the victory stripes back.

This logo is simply too plain for my taste. It is definitely going to take some getting used to.

Even something as simple as extra outlines of blue and white around the bolt would make it pop more.

I am.... wtf were they thinking. Jr's slight modifications make the jersey 1209312039102931029302193 times better.

Almost forgot, I want the victory stripes back.

So does Esposito......

AHL All Star jerseys looked awesome. Simple, classic...a lot like what the NHL did in Minnesota a few years back (was it the last year before the lockout?).

Simple numbers and name fonts...nothing silly or over the top...not the mess the NHL made of theirs, with too many lines and stuff going on.

[EDIT]: Found pics

11eastern.jpg11western.jpg