Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Not feeling the new Lightning jerseys. The logo looks so generic, and only having it in one color on the jersey just looks kinda cheap to me. I get that they wanted some sort of modern minimalist look but I think they missed the mark.

Modem minimalist look isn't really what it was aiming for. It was aiming for a timeless classic look.

...to create the new logo. “Bold”, “classic”, “iconic” and “hockey-centric” were the words that inspired the new designs...

...to create the new logo. “Bold”, “classic”, “iconic” and “hockey-centric” were the words that inspired the new designs...

I don't think that the new logo itself fits any of those, but that's just me.

Not feeling the new Lightning jerseys. The logo looks so generic, and only having it in one color on the jersey just looks kinda cheap to me. I get that they wanted some sort of modern minimalist look but I think they missed the mark.

Typical beer league logo, "we can only afford to pay for 1 color on the front." How many times have I heard that when quoting a price on beer league jerseys?

They just interviewed Malkin from the bench during warm ups...looked like he was using a white CCM stick with yellow decals tonight...

Pretty sure it was a U+ CL after looking at them online. Looks like he is using something different during the game though...

Yeah during the game he is using a black u+ CL I just clearly saw on TV...

They just interviewed Malkin from the bench during warm ups...looked like he was using a white CCM stick with yellow decals tonight...

Pretty sure it was a U+ CL after looking at them online. Looks like he is using something different during the game though...

Yeah during the game he is using a black u+ CL I just clearly saw on TV...

108833638.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6637AA57DFC347E35246E9CE7B46C437C7CC289FB9BFA2F70

Agreed. They even had a t-shirt with the new logo/color on every seat in the arena tonight. 21k sellout. Just a weird juxtaposition.

Now that Savard is concussed again, is Malkin the new NHL gear whore?

Not with multiple torn ligaments in his knee...He won't be seeing much equipment for the next 6 months at least.

Not with multiple torn ligaments in his knee...He won't be seeing much equipment for the next 6 months at least.

You're right. That really sucks for him, he was just back from injury and bam, out for the season.

For anyone watching the Beanpot, it looks like at least one of the BU players is wearing those new Warrior gloves. Look pretty good, but almost any gloves look great in the BU color scheme. Their franchise colorway looks awesome btw...