Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Saw these on IceThetics, though they were pretty cool. Johnny Canuck practice jerseys.

After looking at your post earlier I've been wanting one of those lol. I think I need to make my own.

2012 Supreme line.

McGill University and Bauer have a testing program, amongst other things.

you can see on the rear tower of the right skate some writing

Every skate that is tested is marked. That way, they know when that model was made, what revision, how long it was tested for, and so on and so forth.

They keep every model they test.

Time to go to bed; pretty sure my email box will be blowing up in the AM.

I could be way off base, but in the picture the tendon guard looks like it's made out of a rubbery flexible material. Also, at the bottom of the tendon guard there's a red area that may be the flex point and the player in question has taped the right tendon guard to his shin, but not the left. Perhaps he's trying to compare the feeling of the flexible tendon guard to a rigid one by using the tape or the right guard was damaged and he's holding it up with the tape.

There is something covering the right tendon guard too. You can't see the red thing at all. Those skates look siiiiiiiiick! I much prefer the look and color scheme to the T1's. I'm pretty sure the "Total" part of the name will be dropped, seeing as that was from Nike. Why don't they just call it the Supreme 1. Almost makes me disappointed that I just got my custom T1's. However, these guys aren't due until spring of 2012. I can't wait that long. JR is right. Crazy early!

I hope this wasn't already posted.

tumblr_lhgu6xkn9n1qhaxm7o1_400.jpg

I am sorry for posting the pic again, but look at the slight bulge down near the hosel of the blade. That doesn't look like "True One Piece" to me. It is a cool picture though. He is a big guy! I always thought he had on bulky shoulder pads with the way he fills out the jersey.

Those 2012 Bauers look a lot like MLX Skates.

pictures not working for me :(. i take one night off from checking MSH and i miss a big one.

I was thinking that too, Louie. The heel sticks out weird, and the whole shape of the back just reminds me of MLX. I was wondering how long it would take for a company to put a flexible tendon guard on their skates (that's what it appears to be, at least..)

But the Supreme has had a flexible tendon guard in the ONE90, and the TotalONE's tendon guard is flexible as well. IT was NOT a MLX innovation.

The foxing (plastic heel piece) is what is throwing you off. It does not look any different than a TotalONE.

Surprised that Bauer hasn't requested the picture to be taken down. Either they're loosening up a little or they haven't heard yet.

McGill also has a course or studies program that focuses just on the bio mechanics of everything hockey. Stride, shot, you name it. Just a heads up for any Gr.11's/HS Juniors out there