Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

Are there any players in the league that are actually using real Widows? All the ones I've seen look like Dolomites or fused one pieces. None have the dagger taper. Same deal with S19's. Very few seem to have the elliptical taper. I'm not sure why pros are so reluctant to try new technology. Could you imagine if they were all still using wood sticks? At some point you have to say better is better. I know everyone is going to yell at me for saying this, but in my opinion the true one piece sticks with long thin tapers are superior to the old fused technology. Everything from balance to puck feel and shot velocity seems better to me.

I know for a fact peter regin is using a real widow. Im curious if kovalchuk is or not using a widow.

Hmmm... doesn't look like a 12 inch taper to me.

another thing to take from that picture is that moore is wearing Bauers, and has been in Grafs forever.

another thing to take from that picture is that moore is wearing Bauers, and has been in Grafs forever.

Good call on Dom Moore

Doesnt look like a 12 inch taper on kovy. Andrei Kostitsyn is also using a warrior with widow graphicsbut it's not a real widow.

I find it amusing that people think the pros will actually use the new Widow. They stick to what they know, and what they know is sticks from 4-5 years ago - often times even longer than that. Creatures of habit.

I find it amusing that people think the pros will actually use the new Widow. They stick to what they know, and what they know is sticks from 4-5 years ago - often times even longer than that. Creatures of habit.

I also believe if real Widows (with the authentic tapers) were in the pros we'd see many, many, many broken Widows.

They used the S17 and the S19 :blink:

I too was wondering if actual Widows are being used. Warrior posted that video of Zetterberg talking about how much he likes the Widow's performance benefits and how that made him switch over to Warrior. I bet he's actually using a Widow. At the end of his time with Easton, he actually used a true S19.

seeing this along with the socks has me seeing the potential for custom colors on the APX to match the jerseys/socks

edit: maybe make only the red stripe customizable...

And 4-5 years from now the Widow will be a stick from 4-5 years ago.

Exactly. If they will eventually come around to using sticks like the Widow,why not give them a try now. I don't necessarily expect a guy to change mid season, but they should try new equipment in the off season just to see if it might improve their game.

Random, but it looks like Mark Fistric is using a true EQ50. Can't say I've seen that before.

Cal Clutterbuck on the Wild used one for a while. Had the visible weights and all. Unless it was just a decal!

Exactly. If they will eventually come around to using sticks like the Widow,why not give them a try now. I don't necessarily expect a guy to change mid season, but they should try new equipment in the off season just to see if it might improve their game.

Maybe these guys don't make the full switch because the new products are more gimmicks and marketing than actual performance gains...

Just my thoughts.

Zach

Cal Clutterbuck on the Wild used one for a while. Had the visible weights and all. Unless it was just a decal!

Lupol was using one/lookalike on Saturday.

A little different but Martin Havlat was sandpapering the heel of his stick blade on camera today. No idea why.

A little different but Martin Havlat was sandpapering the heel of his stick blade on camera today. No idea why.

Some guys round off the square edges to make the transition smoother when they stickhandle from forehand to backhand.