Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coryroth24

Repairing Socks

Was just curious. How many of you are willing to sew your socks or do you just chuck them when you get a hole? Talking about your playing socks, not skate socks...

I fix my beer league team socks myself as they are not easy to find.

I can get a pair of socks for 2$ at the dollar store (canada), so I just use those for open hockey.

I've had my mom or someone else sew up the holes in my hockey socks, just to keep them from getting bigger...I probably should learn how though. I just figure they all cost like $10+ & I'd like to keep them in one piece for longer than a season so why not close the holes that appear from time to time.

My wife showed me how to repair cuts or tears using a zig-zag stitch on her sewing machine. Works great on Edge socks, which seem to get cut but nothing more than the razor-sharp air flowing around them...

I normally sew them. It depends on what sock it is though. My practice socks, or old ones I tend to not even care about. Game socks are different though...

I fix the ones that I still wear now and then from high school hockey. If its a pair of retail knit or edge socks, I'm not bothering to fix them, the holes add character.