Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Louie

Graphic Design Help

I'm not that thrifty with Photoshop, I know enough to get around, but not enough to actually be useful. I need help editing a logo for my team to use on our jerseys. If anyone is interested in helping out, please PM me.

Also, your jersey supplier probably can help you out with a logo design for a fee. You might be surprised how affordable it may be...

Is it common in that scenario for the jersey supplier to end up owning the intellectual property rights (trademark or copyright) to the logo? I assume it would depend on the terms of the contract, but is there a common practice? I ask because a friend of mine on another team said they have to buy their jerseys only from one particular place because that shop owned the rights to the logo or some such... confused me, so I was just curious.

It depends on what the logo is. I require my clients to come to me with their logo, that way, they own it, OR, in the event that I do the art for them, they are paying an artwork fee and thus, own the logo.

Thanks for the clarification!

I'm not that thrifty with Photoshop, I know enough to get around, but not enough to actually be useful. I need help editing a logo for my team to use on our jerseys. If anyone is interested in helping out, please PM me.

Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do for you. I'm not a great designer but I have made logos before. Also, I create them using a vector program so they're easier to resize.

Any ideas how to resize a photo without the file becoming too large?

I took a photo (in RAW, I believe) and did a bit of editing in Photoshop to add some elements, but the image and file size are HUGE. The image shows 43" x 25", while the file size is 40MB. When I've altered the image size in Photoshop to either particular pixels or percentages, the file size becomes manageable at about 1.7MB, but the image quality becomes horrible.

I'd like to use this on a business card, but I keep coming up with an 18MB file, which is too large to email.

Any ideas how to shrink this photo without losing quality?

I'd drop the file into Dropbox or similar. 18MB is really not all that big when you're talking a detailed graphic.

I'm honestly shocked that such a large image (in dimensions) is only 40MB.

Do you think most printing houses work with Dropbox or similar? If so, I'm ready to send my business cards to print, but generally they've asked for an upload, which typically hangs up on a file so large.