Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Invert

Eschelon Apocalypse Wheels

About me: 6 ft 185 lbs, high level men's league + officiating. I'm probably on skates around 4-5 times a week.

Grip: 10/10 - These wheels are super grippy on both SportCourt and IceCourt. The pink layer on the inside is softer than the outside, which really helps grip.

Speed: 10/10 - Usually if a wheel is grippy it isn't fast. Not the case with this wheel, again because of the two durometers on the wheel. The harder layer does not slow me down at all, which is usually the case with most grippy wheels.

Durability: 8/10 - I used the wheels for 2 months of heavy use. Refereeing takes a toll on wheels, and these were no exception. The wheels did wear evenly, rather than chunk down the middle. Had one wheel break at the hub for me, but some idiot in mens league took a huge slash at it off the faceoff, Eschelon offered to replace the wheel anyways.

Looks: 6/10 - Pink. Enough said. I've been chirped a bit for them.

Value: 8/10 - I'd have liked this wheel to be more in the $8 range, but it is still priced better than a few Labeda wheels and close to Revision & Rink Rat.

Overall Rating: 9/10 - I'm pretty picky when it comes to wheels, and these are some of the best I've used. I really don't care how they look, or what color they are. If they perform like I want them to, looks don't mean a thing.