Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Battleaxe BX12 OPS

Alright, haven't really had a chance to really put this stick to the test yet, but here are a couple of my first impressions. First off the stick is very light and has great balance to it. I currently use a 70 fles montreal nitro as well as an 85 flex S19, so I went with the 80 flex BX12. After cutting down the stick a little, the 80 flex feels nothing like an 80 and more like a 90-100 flex. I haven't had this problem with any of the other sticks I have used, so if your are looking for a 90 flex or so stick, go with their 80 flex.

I went with the P39 curve (zetterberg clone) which says it is a 6 lie. After cutting it to the same length as my S19 i figured out that the lie is way off. stickhandling and shooting were hard as I only had the toe on the ice. I added an extension to the stick, so I will be playing with a stick a little longer then I am used to, but once I get the extension glued back in (it already came loose) I will be able to use this stick in a couple games.

Hope to have a more through review up by the end of the week after a couple skates once i get everything straight and the stick set up for best use.

Have had a chance to use the stick a little more. The stick does have some good kick to it when I really put some force into it. With my S19 and my Nitro I really don't need to go that hard at my snap shots as they have a lot more flex to them then the Battleaxe does. I am hoping as I whip the stick out a little from using it a little more I will be able to get the stick to a point where i can feel comfortable with the flex.

As far as stickhandling goes, the blade does has good puck feel. I don't feel like I need to keep looking down to make sure I got the puck and can really feel where on the blade the puck is at all times.

So far the stick is showing no signs of wear or chipping. I have 3 games this week and have to coach a couple practices so will be able to see how it is holding up after this week.

Well have had a chance to use the stick in a couple more games and the one nice thing about the stick is it seems very durrable. I have play some A and B league adult games that have been a little chippy with a lot of stick work and the stick is no worse for wear. I am still having some issues with how stiff the stick is, but I am starting to whip it out a little more. The one thing I have really noticed is that the blade seems to have a big rocker on it so when the toe is on the ice the heel is way off and vice a versa. This is a little tough to recieve passes in your feet or further away from my body. Now that I am starting to get the stick whiped out a little, I am starting to be able to load it better and am getting some shots to come off much better now. I don't take a lot of slap shots, so snap shots are my game. I don't feel this is a hot stick as far as how the puck jumps off the blade, but it still does have a little kick to it. I think as I whip the stick out a little more I will have a better understanding of how the stick really kicks.