Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chappie

Philly area pro shops

Anyone know a place that is reliable at changing holders in the Philly area? I really want to swap out e-pro's for LS2's and I do not have the ability nor the tools to do it myself. ;)

I always heard good things about delval

Delval hopped around. they went from Warwick Twin Rinks in Warminster to Faceoff Circle. since then, faceoff circle has changed management and was shutdown a for a few months; i think they're back in Faceoff.

The store in Warwick now (Mainstream Hockey) is pretty legit, though.

The pro shop at Hatfield Ice World is nice, but pricey.

Bristol is a bit of a hike, but they know what they're doing.

Worse comes to worse, hit up Flyers Skate Zone in Northeast Philly.

I left the Philly area about 14 months ago, but I loved the DelVal in Malvern. I lived in West Chester for three years, and they were always great. Decent in-store stock; if they didn't have what I needed, I was always able to special-order the product in no time flat. I did my custom S15 skates through them, and the customer service was excellent. I haven't had much need for repairs, but they mounted LS2s on my skates without any difficulty, and the alignment was spot-on.

Chris was the manager at that time; if he's still at that location, he'll take good care of you.

IF you're going to go to Northeast Skate Zone, drive the extra 20 minutes to the Voorhees Skate Zone. Official Flyers practice rink, and the pro shop is MUCH better.

IF you're going to go to Northeast Skate Zone, drive the extra 20 minutes to the Voorhees Skate Zone. Official Flyers practice rink, and the pro shop is MUCH better.

20 minutes? i think you're a little off. South Jersey from that part of the boulevard isn't as close as you think.

unless you're taking a different way -- then enlighten us!

I would only go to Jeff from DelVal when he was at Warwick, and then when they moved to Face Off. I'm not sure if he's around at Bristol now, but I will offer I never got a got quality Hatfield/Hockey Heaven sharpening. Also, Hockey Heaven is now in-rink only at Hatfield Ice, and has about a fifth the selection of the former standalone store.

Definitely go to Del-Val in Bristol. The guys there are great, very knowledgable, and experienced. They have staff that has been doing modifications (putting on different holders, stretching, punching, ect;) for over 35 years. They do a lot of custom work/orders as well. They know what they're doing. Mark is the owner and also does all the videos for HockeyUs.com - very neat!

20 minutes? i think you're a little off. South Jersey from that part of the boulevard isn't as close as you think.

unless you're taking a different way -- then enlighten us!

Alright, that's typical South Jersey talk! Hahah, everything is twenty minutes from us. Even the Shore is haha.

Alright, that's typical South Jersey talk! Hahah, everything is twenty minutes from us. Even the Shore is haha.

silly joisey folk

/fist pump

lol, sorry. had to. i know jersey shore gives real jersey people a bad image. my GF is from Jersey and she absoletly hates that show.

Delval hopped around. they went from Warwick Twin Rinks in Warminster to Faceoff Circle. since then, faceoff circle has changed management and was shutdown a for a few months; i think they're back in Faceoff.

I forgot to comment on this in my original post! I'm at Faceoff, or, "Bucks County Ice Sports Center" all of the time. They actually took the upstairs that use to be DelVal and turned it into a really nice locker room for the Jr A Jackals

http://www.jrajackalshockey.com/LockerRoom.html

silly joisey folk

/fist pump

lol, sorry. had to. i know jersey shore gives real jersey people a bad image. my GF is from Jersey and she absoletly hates that show.

No, no. Silly Joisey/fist pumping is North Jersey, which if you ask me, should be a completely different state. I've never watched an episode of that trash, nor do I plan on it.

I forgot to comment on this in my original post! I'm at Faceoff, or, "Bucks County Ice Sports Center" all of the time. They actually took the upstairs that use to be DelVal and turned it into a really nice locker room for the Jr A Jackals

http://www.jrajackalshockey.com/LockerRoom.html

that is awesome, but seems kinda stupid? now they have to walk down those narrow steps to get to the rink? man, i'd hate to be a goalie in all my pads and have to do that.

To update, Frank Reago formerly of Hockey Heaven looks to be opening the new shop at BC Ice Sports, the Hockey House.

there's a store called 'The Hockey House' right on County Line road just past the regal 22 theater. i was in there the first week it opened, looked a little weak as far as selection goes. markup on some of the lightly used equipment was a little high in my opinion as well.

Yes, that's considered the "flagship" Hockey House store. The bulk of their used gear is housed jointly with Embroidery Heaven by the Yum Yum and WaWa on 309.