Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
stick9

Hejduksport MH600 visor set

Hejduksport MH600 Convex Proline visor set

Helmet used - CCM 652 size medium.

Fit: Not really a big deal since it’s a visor, but I did experience a few issues. I had to trim my earloops down to make room for the one piece spacers, nothing major, but still a pain. The visor is considerably thicker than the Itech I was previously using. This caused the helmet to bow a bit affecting the fit of the helmet. A quick readjustment and I was back in business.

8/10

Protection: Fortunately I’ve never had this put to the test. The Hejduksport visor is far more robust than the Itech Prowave I had been using. It’s thicker and much more solid. I can easily bend and flex the Itech. It took much more effort to bend the Hejduksport. That said I suspect it will be a bit more protective. It sits well and covers the areas it supposed.

9/10

Optics: I found the optic quality to be superb. No distortion or blurring at any angle. I expected a little on the sides, but nothing. I bought the kit so it came with some anti-fog spray. I haven’t had any issue with fogging. I’ll see if that continues as temps in the rinks start to drop.

10/10

Durability: I’ve been using it for about 5 months now and not so much as a scratch. I put small towel over it before placing it in my bag. Like with any other shield, I’d rather have it get scratched then have to get stitched up.

10/10

Intangibles: Without a doubt biggest intangible is bang for your buck. The MH600 visor kit was $59.99 which included the shield, a cleaning cloth and a good size bottle of anti-fog spray. A comparable shield from another manufacturer would have run me about the same and I don’t have to worry about what I am using to clean it.

10/10

Conclusion: I’ve been very pleased with the quality and performance of the Hejduksport visor and the price is hard to beat. If you’re looking for a new visor, give Hejduksport a try.

Overall rating: 8.5/10 – Only thing holding me back from giving it a 9/10 is not having the protection aspect fully tested and the issues outlined in the Fit category.