Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blueshockey6

Bent chassis...

Blocked a shot the other night and bent my chassis on my Mission Soldier's, I've had it happen before on other skates and just simply used a pair of plyers and chanlocks and bent it back out, does anyone have any other tips or tricks to bending them out?

I think there's a couple threads on this. The general consensus seems to be that sometimes you can fix it, sometimes you just get to buy new skates (or a new chassis). The only thing I've heard that works besides pliers is clamping a really firm piece of metal to the chassis for a while, and hope that it straightens itself over time (which didn't work for me). Either way, bending metal always makes it weaker. If everything goes to hell and it breaks while playing, at best you fall and get embarrassed, at worst you fall and get injured.

If you like the boots it might be worth the the saved effort and piece of mind to just buy a new set of chassis.

Same thing happened to me in my Lieutenants.

I only had a slight bend, s it didn't cause any wheel rubbing and I just carried on as they only had a few months left in them.

I guess if you're wheels are rubbing then you have to do something about it. It's going to cause a lot of problems on newer skates where the gap between wheels is so small.

I'd opt for new chassis or boots, unless they're very new.

plug for some sprungs?

2nd sprungs.

Guessing the OP is in the UK - try get the sprungs, there's not many players rocking them in the UK and they're supposed to be great - there's a whole thread on here about them too.