Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fro_ride

Gionta Pattern

I thought 4,5,6 gionta are all available?

Nope. If so, that is new and not in the 2011 catalogue.

Draper (Sakic clone) and Savard (Forsberg clone) were the only ones available in L4, L5 and L6. 2010 and 2011 (according to the catalogue) offer some models in all three lies.

In 2009 I think the retail Kovalchuck was available in L4 and L5.

The Gionta L4 plays higher than a "true" lie 4 obviously.

Too funny that this is my first post....

I've been reading all the great info on this site as I've been looking for a Smyth curve for a while now and google brought me here. I was about buy a Inno Gionta and compare it with a friend's MacDaddy Smyth and post the photos here for everyone, but while I was waiting for the admin to approve me I somehow found a brand new MacDaddy with a Smyth curve on Kijiji only an hour drive fro my house????? In any case I bought it ($125) and now I won't be able to provide any help. I am thinking of getting an Inno Gionta as my back up so if I do I will post comparison photos.

Sorry for this wasted post!

Saw the Warrior Widow today in Gionta curve at the Monkey. Man what a toe curve. That thing has almost like a kink on the end. Loft wise, it looks like a P92.

What was the length like? Is it short and stubby or as long as a P92 or longer? Thanks

I just compared the gionta on a widow today, first off that stick is amazing in the hands! Next to a p92 it is a little lower lie. Blade length is a hair shorter than the p92. It might have more to do with the flatter lie. Not sure, but I do know I want one!

I have been looking at this Gionta blade and it sure does look great. However, I think I am also looking for a little bit more open at the toe. Something like a P92/Sakic with an added toe hook. How open is the Kremlin blade?

Also, since I can't seem to find a dolo tapered blade of the gionta, is the dynasty the only blade available with a tapered tenon right now? Will a tapered shaft/blade combo feel closest to a one-piece stick?

Any more input on how this blade feels/performs since more time has passed since it's release?

Has anybody seen the diablo se (white) for sale anywhere with the gionta curve? Cant find it anywhere.

Catalogue lists it, so they are somewhere.

And I have the Gionta on a Dynasty. Absolutely love that thing.

Has anybody seen the diablo se (white) for sale anywhere with the gionta curve? Cant find it anywhere.

Both Pure Hockey locations in Pittsburgh have it in atleast RH 85&100 flex

Do yourself a favor and get a dynasty. I have had a widow, diablo and a dynasty with the gionta. Widows and diablos blade was falling apart after a month or so. Dynasty still going strong. And i absolutely hated that dead dampened feel of the diablo.

Both Pure Hockey locations in Pittsburgh have it in atleast RH 85&100 flex

Looks like i am going to pure hockey this weekend considering i live in Pittsburgh

Is there any other pattern out there like this? I love the toe and that its not open, i shoot high to begin with and if i shot with like the crazy ovi i could easily put one through the uprights of a football stadium!

I saw that Landeskog curve and it definitely looks interesting. Apes, you may want to check out the Sherwood Smith pattern. There was a thread on here a bit ago and it compared the two. Looked like the Smith had a little more mid curve to it as well though.