Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fro_ride

Gionta Pattern

so did this pattern turn out to not be so popular? I cannot see why they would discontinue this.

I'm thinking it was taken over by the E28 pattern that caught fire. They're similar enough that it wouldn't do much good for Warrior to keep both.

I totally hear you there. I snap up every Gionta I can find in my flex. It's really too bad that it's discontinued.

I think in part, it was discontinued because people picked it up to try out a toe curve as hype around them picked up, but many people had a hard time adjusting to it. I'm sure there were plenty of people that also just took a look at it on the rack and thought "no thanks."

I know that a lot of people dislike Easton's marketing of the E28, but I give them kudos for releasing videos and some info about one way to utilize a curve that is new and unfamiliar for a lot of people.

Yeah, I can definitely see that as a big reason. I know the more plain patterns are hugely popular and most people are used to those traditional curves.

I think in part, it was discontinued because people picked it up to try out a toe curve as hype around them picked up, but many people had a hard time adjusting to it. I'm sure there were plenty of people that also just took a look at it on the rack and thought "no thanks."

I know that a lot of people dislike Easton's marketing of the E28, but I give them kudos for releasing videos and some info about one way to utilize a curve that is new and unfamiliar for a lot of people.

I dislike the marketing for saying that it was the best way to shoot, when it was really only the best way to shoot with that particular stick.

I dislike the marketing for saying that it was the best way to shoot, when it was really only the best way to shoot with that particular stick.

I seriously thought about that too. Like I'm sure there are heel-shooters who can score just fine. Am I the only one who saw a red flag when the HTX was marketed to have a "blade tuned to your flex"? Like I don't know about you guys but I will always want the stiffest blade I can get heel to toe. Maybe I'm just close minded.

I had a difficult time adjusting to the Gionta after coming from a Hall, oddly enough. My puck handling and passing got much better, but my wrist shots got much worse, because I never really shot them from the toe using a mid curve. I ordered a W28, which I'm hoping moved the pocket back just enough that I can adjust easier. Obviously, I need lots more practice.

I seriously thought about that too. Like I'm sure there are heel-shooters who can score just fine. Am I the only one who saw a red flag when the HTX was marketed to have a "blade tuned to your flex"? Like I don't know about you guys but I will always want the stiffest blade I can get heel to toe. Maybe I'm just close minded.

A flexible blade will, in theory, add velocity to your shot. However, it just becomes one more variable in an ever-lengthening equation. I like my shot to have as few moving parts as possible, I believe that it results in a quicker, and more effective, release. I prefer a really stiff blade with a soft face, if that makes sense.

I just wish I could have been using the Gionta curve and stocking up years ago. It has improved my game immensely. A curve with a low lie and minimal rocker so that I can handle the puck better in stride . This curve is like a dream. The E28 is too open and has more rocker than I care for to suit my style. Really betting on Warrior to reopen the stick customizer and offer the W10.

I've been using the Gionta for the last while and just picked up a Sherwood Nexon 10 in the Smith pattern yesterday. The Sherwood Smith is almost identical to the Gionta so if you can't wait for the customizer then you may want to grab a clearance Nexon 10 or 12 or a Rekker EK15 with the Smith pattern. That won't last forever as it seems Sherwood is also discontinuing the Smith, but the Rekker is a current model so you should be able to get that in the Smith.

Isn't the E35 awfully close to the Gionta as well, if not a clone even? It's not retail, but there were a lot that showed up under the V9 pro sticks that hit the market early this year.