Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

They came out with a new stick today. I'd be interested in trying it but there last three models released don't have anything close to a modano style curve

Edited by nickyb13

The "Evolution". Biggest difference seems to be that its a mid kick point stick. It also has concave shaft walls which I don't believe the other models have. At 590 it's pretty heavy though. Looks like a low end OPS that will probably replace the "Basic" model.

well if anyone was wondering about the sticks tron makes ive heard very good reviews. ive never tried them myself but everyone that i know that has one loves them. i will try to get my hands on one soon

not sure if this has been said already, but i just mounted my tron visor right on top of my oakley spacers and they fit perfectly :)

well if anyone was wondering about the sticks tron makes ive heard very good reviews. ive never tried them myself but everyone that i know that has one loves them. i will try to get my hands on one soon

Can't speak for the rest, but I've found the 405 to be absolutely fantastic for the price.

I just ordered a pair of socks from them, as well as a helmet bag. I figure the socks have to be decent and for 13 bucks it's a hell of a lot better deal than 25 for the actual Reebok ones.

Edited by hockeymass

Just ordered a LE stick from them and an S20 visor. See how they work for me and then maybe I'll try out the 405. They have a LHS within 45 minutes, so I'll see what that's like in the next couple weeks.

Anyone used or looked at the skates Ice or inline and can provide some insight?

The inlines are extremely cheap looking. Basically, you are getting exactly what you would expect from a skate in that price range (low end) from a company that isn't a big manufacturer or gear (unpredictable quality).

On the pair I got for a new skater, one toe cap was noticeably further forward, and the chassis was also mounted in different spots one each skate. HockeyTron also don't use the same bearings and wheels that they sell separately.

I considered trying their skates when they were 50% off, but honestly, since I cant imagine them being better than my RBK 11K... I know they'd just sit on a shelf.

They could be great to get somebody just starting out, though. But TBH I think for the price I'd just get a pair of low end bauers or something.

Longtime lurker first time poster...

I've ordered quite a few things from Tron in the past month (Bauer One40 skates, Superfeet, a bunch of tape and skate blade covers) and most recently a Tron Legacy stick while I was at the store.

When I got my skates they weren't sharpened yet even though I asked for them to be sharpened when I checked out online. They were $125 on Tron and $105 at HockeyGiant and I figured the difference in price can be justified if I can get them sharpened before they get to me (I'm a newb to online ordering and didn't do my homework well enough to learn that HG can sharpen for no additional cost as well). So I called them up and asked and they pretty much told me "tough luck but at least you didn't pay for skate sharpening" so I brought up the price difference between them and HG and the sales rep told me he'd refund me $20 for store credit or something. 4 weeks later still haven't received anything of that sort. I was planning on using whatever money they gave me back to pay for the $15 new skate sharpening my LHS charged. Like I said, it has been 4 weeks so I'm over it. The fast shipping got me ordering stuff from them again.

About a week after ordering the skates I placed an order online for the Superfeet and wanted to pick them up at the Carlsbad location since I work around the area. I ordered on Thursday early afternoon and figured they can get it down to their warehouse in Carlsbad Friday. I get an email Friday morning in the form of some sort of receipt and the words "will call" in the shipping line. This email was sent after I already got my order confirmation the day before so I thought it was to let me know I could go pick up my insoles. I get to the warehouse and there is nothing for me. The nice folks at the warehouse told me they'd come in on Saturday even though they are not normally open in the case my insoles get to them Friday night and I could get pick them up Saturday morning. Friday day I had some free hours at work so I decided to give Hockey Tron a call and kind of see where my insoles are and they said they'd get back to me by the end of the day. I never got any email or phone call. Saturday morning I drove up to Carlsbad and my insoles were there and like the warehouse folks said, the insoles got to them Friday night.

Fast forward about 3 weeks after that and I am having some issues with my One40 skates. My parents don't pay for my gear anymore and I can't justify spending $600+ on skates at my current pay rate so I decided to spring for the lower end One40's. I am not sure what happened but after a game I notice my right skate is making some clicking noses when I walk around in them. No effect on on-ice performance but I wanted to see what the problem was in case something goes wrong in the middle of a game. I just happen to be driving up to LA the next day to visit my parents and Hockey Tron is on my way home so I stop by and bring in my skates. There's nothing they can do about it and all I was given was a warranty card and told to contact Bauer directly. I also asked about trying to exchange my Superfeet to a different size and they said there was nothing they can do even if I haven't cut my insoles yet. I didn't realize until I got home that Superfeet has a 60 day satisfaction guarantee so technically Tron should have been able to take back my old insoles and give me new ones. Again, my fault on not doing my homework prior.

The sales rep realized I drove up from San Diego and neither of my problem were remedied so he gave me a sweet deal on their Legacy sticks. Originally marked at $80 he sold it to me at $50 which I appreciated. The stick itself is really really really whippy. I believe the flex is 85 and I have been using intermediate sticks for 2 years and I feel like it is whipper than the 67 flex intermediate sticks. I've only used it once so I will see how well it holds up the next couple of weeks.

To conclude, I am not 100% satisfied with the customer service at Hockey Tron but there were some upsides to dealing with them. A few of the people who helped me out along the way went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of and that is something I really appreciate.

Ok here's my quick review of the Tron LE white:

I am directly comparing it to an RBK 9K Datsyuk 100 Flex

I received this stick just in time for my league's playoffs (after having my RBK 6K blade snap). I figured for the price I would give it a try and if I liked it I could pick up a few to have as back-ups. I opted for the white because the curve is the closest to the Datsyuk I am accustomed to using. The blade itself feels more lively than the 6K or 9K and for me it felt very nice to stick handle with. Slapshots came off hard and crisp and I could feel the shaft flexing, which I actually liked. Wrist shots and Snappers were an issue due to the flex of the stick, I am 6'2" and weigh in at 265 so the 90 flex was a detriment to me while trying wristers or snappers. I felt more than comfortable stick-handling and have gathered around 10 assists using this stick. I am a quick snapper kind of guy so not having the trust in my shot led to passing more. On 2 separate occasions I found myself in a position to score with a quick snapper and as I went to shoot I felt the stick flexing out and causing a delay. On one of the occasions the delay was significant enough to allow the goalie to come across the crease and make the save on a flubbed shot. I'm used to a flex of 102 or higher so going into this I knew I was taking a chance on their 90 flex stick (the only stiffness they currently offer in this model) so I can't and won't fault them for that. It's been years since I used such a low flex rating but IMO the flex is a little softer than a 90. The stick seems durable enough and has been through the playoffs and eventual championship for my team and it doesn't have more than a few scuffs. The blade is really holding up well, no chips or knicks on it. The new season started for us last night and I have reverted back to my 9K simply because I haven't scored a goal with the Tron just yet (Superstition and all ;)) but the Tron is a sloid back-up, one I won't hesitate to use. I do plan on ordering a 405 when they are back in stock because Reim speaks so highly of them ;)

To summarize: The Tron Le is a great stick and with it's current pricing well worth a try. All you smaller guys that love whippy sticks should certainly look at it.

Also I did recently make a team order for home and away jersey's (Numbers and One color screened logo with socks), Chris was astounding, he was always an e-mail or phone call away. I plan on posting a review for those in the next day or two with pics and all.

IMAG1382.jpg

IMAG1383.jpg

IMAG1385.jpg

Edited by empirehockey

Got my order today. The socks are pretty nice. I would say they're comparable to the Reebok ones, maybe a little bit thinner. Good experience ordering from them.

I was in California last week and decided to check out HockeyTron's store. Anyone else notice the row of fake jerseys hanging in the front window of their store?

I was in California last week and decided to check out HockeyTron's store. Anyone else notice the row of fake jerseys hanging in the front window of their store?

Please tell me you don't mean chinese knockoffs of NHL jerseys.

Please tell me you don't mean chinese knockoffs of NHL jerseys.

Funny thing was all of the ones hanging in the store windows were chinese knockoffs. There must've been 15 jerseys. However when you walk into the store they have a couple 4-ways of legitimate Premier jerseys for sale.

Edited by mickz