Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jds

Friend Found an iPod Touch

My friend found an iPod touch about four months ago in a park. No one has come forward to claim it so she is wondering if there is some way to re-activate it so she can give it to her son. It keeps saying the ipod is "Locked". Any suggestions on a workaround?

Just password locked? Did this last week for my nieces ipod touch:

* Connect your IPOD Touch to iTunes

* Press or Hold the power and home keys 10 seconds.

* Screen goes black, now release the power button

* Make sure you do not release the Home key until your iTunes says "We have detected an itouch in recovery mode."

* After this its simple all you got to do is a simple restore using your iTunes

* Make sure you do not release the Home key until your iTunes says "We have detected an itouch in recovery mode."

* After this its simple all you got to do is a simple restore using your iTunes

I get a message that says, "iTunes could not connect to the iPod because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter the passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes." Thoughts

Okay first you hold the power button and turn it off make sure the ipod is unplugged from the computer. now hold down the home button and plug the ipod into the computer(make sure you are holding down the home button before you plug it in.) then keep holding the home button until you the itunes screen. release home, and open up itunes on your computer it will recognize it as a recovery ipod or iphone. it will say you have to restore click the restore button on itunes and perfect. Job done. it will update and reset ipod or iphone so you dont need the passcode.

Okay first you hold the power button and turn it off make sure the ipod is unplugged from the computer. now hold down the home button and plug the ipod into the computer(make sure you are holding down the home button before you plug it in.) then keep holding the home button until you the itunes screen. release home, and open up itunes on your computer it will recognize it as a recovery ipod or iphone. it will say you have to restore click the restore button on itunes and perfect. Job done. it will update and reset ipod or iphone so you dont need the passcode.

Stay tuned. Seems to be working.

Stay tuned. Seems to be working.

Damn. I get a message saying the iPod isn't eligible for restore. I think I'm out of luck.

* After this its simple all you got to do is a simple restore iPod using your iTunes

If your iPod is not detected by iTunes when you connect it to your computer, you may need to put it into DFU mode before you can restore it.

If your iPod is not detected by iTunes when you connect it to your computer, you may need to put it into DFU mode before you can restore it.

not sure why you would bring a topic back from the dead just to say that. DFU mode is done by holding the home and power buttons as I described, to put in recovery mode.