Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trevor13478

HBO 24/7 Road to the NHL Winter Classic

I saw the show was briefly discussed in the winter classic thread, thought it probably deserved its own thread.

Anyways, does anybody know a website to watch online, I dont get HBO and I searched sidereel and a few other sites and couldn't find anything, maybe its just too early but I always get entourage and a few other shows the next morning.

I thought it was pretty good, gave a different view then you're used to seeing. Also interesting to see the difference between the two as the caps are on a slide and the Pens, at the time of this episode, were flying high.

Just a thought, it may take a little while for places like sidereel to pick it up since it isn't a regularly occurring episode (like entourage), they may need a little more time to get it.

I really enjoyed the show. After watching the highlights from last nights NHL games I'm finding myself anticipating the net couple shows. Pens have now lost 2 in a row and the caps have lost 7 in a row, should be really interesting.

On a side note anyone else find the caps have a terrible stall setup? No place to hang the skates and their helmets hang on a hook?

i had totally forgot that i PVR'd it until i saw this thread. cant wait to watch it tonight!

Best part is Bruce Boudreau's speech between periods. Drops like 17 F Bombs in that squeaky voice of his.

thank you sir. anything else you'd like to tell me before i watch it? ;)

Then you probably shouldn't have posted in this thread if you didn't want to be spoiled...

Best part is Bruce Boudreau's speech between periods. Drops like 17 F Bombs in that squeaky voice of his.

I thought I dropped the F bomb a lot until I watched the show last night. Jesus.

After his F-bomb rant I couldn't wait for his next one. Knowing they were losing you knew he was going to be pissed. After they lost in a shootout and the hearing Boudreau say they could build on that good effort. The reaction of the whole team as they got blown out by the Rangers was interesting. Even though I'm not a fan of either team I can't wait until next week.

Talbot was funny during there Christmas when he was playing with some of the kids. He was getting bumbed by the boards & says who is spearing me? Oh it's Jack, Matt Cooke's son. He takes after his Dad.

I liked what ben lovejoy says, after he and letestu get all their furniture put back.

camera guy: now what?

lovejoy: well , we're gonna find out who did it ......and probably do nothing about it.

hbo sure knows how to cover and present a sport, this show if anything teaches us that hockey is a tought sport to play, its as rought as football but for 82 games plus...

WOW!

After his F-bomb rant I couldn't wait for his next one. Knowing they were losing you knew he was going to be pissed. After they lost in a shootout and the hearing Boudreau say they could build on that good effort. The reaction of the whole team as they got blown out by the Rangers was interesting. Even though I'm not a fan of either team I can't wait until next week.

Talbot was funny during there Christmas when he was playing with some of the kids. He was getting bumbed by the boards & says who is spearing me? Oh it's Jack, Matt Cooke's son. He takes after his Dad.

I find the different approaches that coaches use fascinating. Like when do you tear them a new one and when do you not even when the outcome was the same as the time when you tore into them. Being able to motivate a team from within by knowing how they work is what makes for good coaches. Knowing when to scream and when to praise. It sure is a hell of a lot more than how to play hockey. Interesting stuff for sure.

I liked what ben lovejoy says, after he and letestu get all their furniture put back.

camera guy: now what?

lovejoy: well , we're gonna find out who did it ......and probably do nothing about it.

Rookies know their place. That was funny.

When OV talks about Semin's crosscheck. Maybe he just has sensitive skin (referring to JMLiles' neck). Pretty funny since earlier in the episode they talk about his contract with Gillette razors.

Ya seeing Bruce with slop all over his face in HD was gross. Show was interesting for sure, the travel and party stuff was cool but I like the lockeroom before during and after game scenes the best.

Anyone watching "Oil Change"?? It's similar to the HBO show, following the Oilers. It's been showing on TSN2. Looks like they've only done 2 or 3 episodes so far. It's pretty good too.

I gotta find this HBO show online somewhere...it sounds pretty good.

if the caps keep loosing , we may actually see what goes on when a coach get fired. that'd be pretty cool ( for us , not him )

oil change is ok too. its not quite as in depth or as deep behind the scenes , but good. cant wait to see the episode with omarks shootout winner , to see what the boys on the bench were sayin.

Haha. I thought that was Cheeto dust. Ovechkin had some on his face, too.

lol I was wondering "why does everyone on the Caps have ketchup on their mouth"

I love shows like this and I really hope it draws in some new fans. Hockey doesn't get enough exposure and I think whoever's idea it was to do this should get a raise.