Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trevor13478

HBO 24/7 Road to the NHL Winter Classic

Did anyone catch The Price is Right? I tivo'd it because Roenick was co-hosting and they were giving away all NHL merchandise, then Ovi and Sid came on the screen to talk about the "Winter Classic" prizes they had. Some pretty nice gear plus tickets to Stanley Cup and WC.

I watched an entire episode of the Price is Right just to see what Crosby and Ovechkin would do and it was a cheesy via-video wooden delivery. Still it was funny hearing Ovechkin talk about a "showcase". Too bad the girl didn't win the prize although she didn't seem overly thrilled about what it was except for the car. Roenick was great though. I still want that hour of my life back.

"He high sticked the guy and cut him wide f(_)c|<ing open."

"He must have sensitive skin, eh?"

Classic line.

Is it a Bylsma thing to refer to all the players by their numbers?

I like the way Bylsma talks to the team. I don't know what it is...but I'd want to go out and play hard for him....Bruce doesn't seem to fire up his guys, even though he is must more demonstrotive (sp?) in the way he addresses them.

did anybody notice the caps player wearing the retail version, 2007 model, reebok 4k elbow,s? And that mike green has the biceps protector cut off of his elbow and shoulder pads?

I like the way Bylsma talks to the team. I don't know what it is...but I'd want to go out and play hard for him....Bruce doesn't seem to fire up his guys, even though he is must more demonstrotive (sp?) in the way he addresses them.

I'm with you on that. He just exudes calm confidence.

did anybody notice the caps player wearing the retail version, 2007 model, reebok 4k elbow,s? And that mike green has the biceps protector cut off of his elbow and shoulder pads?

Noticed some Farrell shoulders and even some Sherwood classics. There was a player, didn't take notice, who had RBK shoulders with Warrior caps on them. Seeing the behind the scenes gear is kind of interesting. Funny to see even Ovechkin getting excited about new gear.

Part two was on last night. Anyone watch it? We just lost HBO on Monday, so I have no hope to catch an encore. Hopefully I can find it on youtube like the first before it gets yanked.

I'm with you on that. He just exudes calm confidence.

Noticed some Farrell shoulders and even some Sherwood classics. There was a player, didn't take notice, who had RBK shoulders with Warrior caps on them. Seeing the behind the scenes gear is kind of interesting. Funny to see even Ovechkin getting excited about new gear.

Definitely looked like Ovie's skates were a litttle extra special for the classic. I couldn't help but laugh at the guy who got two lefty gloves.

Part two was on last night. Anyone watch it? We just lost HBO on Monday, so I have no hope to catch an encore. Hopefully I can find it on youtube like the first before it gets yanked.

I thought this episode was better than the first. Lots of behind the scenes again. I'm still amazed at how current this is. Last night's episode had Malkin's five-point night against Phoenix which was only Monday night.

I couldn't help but laugh at the guy who got two lefty gloves.

That was great.

Thought it was odd that the Penguins (or any home team for that matter) could get access to the visitors locker room.

Not as exciting to me as the 1st one, but still quality viewing.

66!! those hands never go away. It's funny, sometimes I think of Mario as this old guy and wow he can still move. The Perfect Human Lidstrom is 5 yrs down and is still the best D in the league.

Knuble- short and to the point, if you weren't going to give it the rest of the game after that, then quit.

"It will not [expletive] turn into a 5-0, 7-0 [expletive] laugher where they're [expletive] giggling getting out of their [expletive] mess here. We're [expletive] down 3-0, and we are going to come back and were gonna [expletive] win this thing. We're not [expletive] going in the tank. That's enough right there. That's [expletive] more than a year's worth. It's not going to happen again."

Nice to see a team get so excited to end a skid. Fist Pump!!

Byslma is the same way, from what we see anyways, comes in gives a hard quick positive speech and then lets go, really like him.

I know there are reasons to not like Sid, for some of his on ice antics in the past, but I think he comes across as a good regular guy who just happens to have amazing talent.

Rupp to Sid "Sick Fanny Pack. You got your keys in there?" hahaha

Liked how Geno's 3 yrs in the superleague was enough to get the last on the ice spot vs Sid's one year NHL.

Nice moped Mike Green.

It was also cool to get into the refs room after the game, discuss the calls and have a brew.

I wish they could follow them all year. I would love a playoff 24/7 of any team, that would be real intense.

I know there are reasons to not like Sid, for some of his on ice antics in the past, but I think he comes across as a good regular guy who just happens to have amazing talent.

I have never been a Penguins fan & I'll admit I've hated them at times. But this really makes you want to like them.

As much as the NHL tries to shove Crosby & Ovie down our throats, they both come across as good guys.

great game between the pens/caps tonight, can't wait for the next episode

i could watch this stuff all year long. shame its only a 4 episode gig :/

I have never been a Penguins fan & I'll admit I've hated them at times. But this really makes you want to like them.

As much as the NHL tries to shove Crosby & Ovie down our throats, they both come across as good guys.

Agreed dude. After two episodes my dislike for Crosby has started to wane. He really is more of a down-to-earth type of guy. I also really like DuPuis. I also thought Ovechkin living a simple and modest life was a surprise. He seems really chill. Playing PS3, hanging out. Living with his parents was pretty funny in fact. Old Russian mother cooking for her son LOL

I'll tell you what though...every clip they have shown of Mike Green has only further compacted him being a "Douchebag". The guy clearly has an attitude.

you like the way bylsma talks to his team when their 20 game record is 16-4. we just happen to get an all access pass during a great time for them. i wonder what he'd be like if his team was on an 8 game losing streak.

i think HBO tapped in during a great period. kind of polar views at this point with pittsburgh on a great run and caps losing everywhere.

either way, i watched the 2nd episode twice. cant wait for the dec 29th episode. i thought there was 4???