Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shute

lightest hockey shaft

hey guys i just broke my MUCH loved tps redlite xn10 shaft and i was wondering what is the lightest shaft in the market these days?

thanks

total one or one95 if you can find it

Yeah? Even though as one pieces they aren't the lightest??? I would think the Combat shafts or even Easton shafts are actually lighter.

Oh, in that case the totalone or s19. The totalone ops is actually one of the lightest sticks on the market. The one95 wasn't very heavy either, probably around 460 grams. The shaft would be light, and the Total1 shaft would be even lighter than the one95.

if you look over the shafts in the store and can't tell a difference then why would it matter if one is a couple grams lighter? all of the top end shafts are light. i really doubt you could tell the difference. for two pieces, i think its the blade weight that matters most since its at the end of the stick and affects balance the most. the weight of the blade means much more than shaft weight.

Out of all the shafts out now, the total one feels the lightest/most balance by a good margin

how does one shaft feel more balanced than another shaft without reference to a specific blade? shaft weight is virtually uniform along the entire lenght of the shaft.

take a shaft you feel is 'unbalanced' and remove the blade and end plug/extension. then locate the geometrical midpoint by measuring. now take that same shaft and find the balance point. what do you find...

that wasn't worded very well at all when I reread it now. My bad. Go pick up an S19, 6k , AK, and total one. T.O feels lighter than the rest by a good margin.

The AK is lighter on paper according to IW, but I own multiple generations of AK shafts and the bauer supreme feel lighter in my hand. Balanced obviously isn't the best word choice to describe it but I don't know what word would

I've held the totalone and the 11k and 8k shafts. The 11k or 8k seems lightest, but the TO is very close. I would get a shaft like the AK and put a TO blade in it. It may not be quite as light as a TO combo, but should be more blade light/ balanced.

I've held the totalone and the 11k and 8k shafts. The 11k or 8k seems lightest, but the TO is very close. I would get a shaft like the AK and put a TO blade in it. It may not be quite as light as a TO combo, but should be more blade light/ balanced.

i just came back from a shop and from what i can tell the s19 was very heavy, warriors 8k, 11k and the total one was about the same wasn't as bad but still not lite, x60 was lite but still not redlite xn10 lite and the TPS R8 being the lightest of the bunch. Does that sound about right to everyone or am i off my rocker. Now i was looking at the weight of the R8 and it has the standard listed at 320 grams and from what i remember my redlite XN10 said on the shaft that it was 250 grams. Was the redlite really that much better or did i just remember wrong?

Inlinewarehouse lists the Reebok 8k at 292 grams. Its the lightest shaft, even lighter than the 11k. If you can find one I'm pretty sure it will be the lightest option.

Shute, c'mon... just admit it. You're a stick weight whore.

I think the RL was listed at 250gm for the junior/int stick. I think the senior was rated at about 270 or 280.

I can vouch for the weight of the sticks compared to every other shaft. Its just so freakin light that it feels like its gonna break, but is in fact a tank!

Shute, c'mon... just admit it. You're a stick weight whore.

I think the RL was listed at 250gm for the junior/int stick. I think the senior was rated at about 270 or 280.

I can vouch for the weight of the sticks compared to every other shaft. Its just so freakin light that it feels like its gonna break, but is in fact a tank!

agree on the tank thing as i've used the same shaft for at least the past 3-4 years. damn thing just won't break until this past week. fatwabbit can you double check on the weight that is listed on the stick cause i'm sure i wasn't using a junior and i don't think it was int... let me know

hell if the r8 is THAT light chute I may buy one instead of a totalone. I just dont like that TPS's intermediate is only 60 flex. I'm not sure about what is the 'lightest' but the 11k and TO were both crazy light the last time I got to compare them side by side. I prefer the TO because of the standard hosel fit, but the reebok shaft is pretty nice if you like a taper.

shute senior indeed was listed as 250 grams.

I don't know why anyone is comparing tapered and standard shafts. Only creates confusion. The second gen ak didn't kick as hard as the first one for me, IDK if the the third gen is any better.

Shute it would be easier to help you out if you told us what you are looking for. Standard, tapered, or both?

sorry.... i stand corrected. 250gm senior. Paired with a One95 blade, uber light weight, even lighter than all my OPS.

fatwabbit i sent you a pm but haven't gotten a response yet. check your mail

Haven't picked up my sticks for more than a month and just noticed that my Demolition "Drapes" says 125 grams right on it. Makes it easier cause I was trying to figure out how to weigh it. It's LIGHT and I've whacked the hell out of it without even chipping it, yet. It feels stupid light, but easy to get used to.