Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rlshky

How do I get thread titles to not take me to first unread post

Probably a simple question and something I've just overlooked but I've been trying to find out how to make it so that only the little icon with the arrows to the left of all the thread titles is the only thing that will take you to the first unread post in a specific thread, and that when you click on the thread title, it will take you to the top of the first page of a thread.

Thanks

ha, well yeah that's obvious... even for single page threads though (I probably have more of them than most because I set things to show as many posts per page as possible) where there are no numbers to the right of the title, I'll be taken sometimes to a point that's half way down the page, and I know it's a thread I've never read before.

If there's no option for that, then no big deal but it might be something to consider adding.

ha, well yeah that's obvious... even for single page threads though (I probably have more of them than most because I set things to show as many posts per page as possible) where there are no numbers to the right of the title, I'll be taken sometimes to a point that's half way down the page, and I know it's a thread I've never read before.

If there's no option for that, then no big deal but it might be something to consider adding.

In the situation you describe, it sounds like you may be taken to see postings that were made in that thread since the last time you marked all threads read. I think it may save that point in time for all threads on the board, regardless of whether you've read them before, rather than saving info on which postings you've read.

Sorry that you're the odd duck but most people would want to click on a thread to start where they read last. For someone who reads every topic, it is a feature I won't be reverting to. Sorry.

That is the current setup - clicking on the thread brings you to the last point where you clicked.

Sorry that you're the odd duck but most people would want to click on a thread to start where they read last. For someone who reads every topic, it is a feature I won't be reverting to. Sorry.

That is the current setup - clicking on the thread brings you to the last point where you clicked.

It's good to reply to the last question of the thread.. it would be a better option..

I've also found this problem. It's only bad when ur a new member and all threads are new to you so you have to go through the entire thread once. After that, the feature is working nicely :)

I've also found this problem. It's only bad when ur a new member and all threads are new to you so you have to go through the entire thread once. After that, the feature is working nicely :)

You can always click on the link to mark all threads read. Then the next time you click on "View New Content", it'll start you with posts made after that time.