Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wrangler

Open hockey Cadillac, MI

Anybody play(ed) in Cadillac at the Wexford Co. rink?

I'm wondering what the play's like for open hockey, and how the turnout is.

I'll be over there next month for the weekend, and am considering taking my stuff, to play there.

Friday mornings at 10am ($5) is a coed drop in that's super laid back, and really fun, usually 3 or so on each bench and a goalie or two. Saturday nights at 7p ($10) is a little more faster paced and decent competition, usually a good turnout and normally been getting two goalies. Bring your stuff, let me know what dates you'll be there...I'll gladly come give ya the grand tour.

Friday mornings at 10am ($5) is a coed drop in that's super laid back, and really fun, usually 3 or so on each bench and a goalie or two. Saturday nights at 7p ($10) is a little more faster paced and decent competition, usually a good turnout and normally been getting two goalies. Bring your stuff, let me know what dates you'll be there...I'll gladly come give ya the grand tour.

OK, thanks, I'll do it.

I get together there with friends twice a year, summer and winter. We fly planes from Northwoods aviation, on skis in winter, and floats in summer. I'm an instructor, so I'm busy flying almost all the time I'm there, because everyone has to go up with an instructor. We go land on the lakes, Cadillac and Mitchell. We hang out at the airport when the weather sucks. I can probably take you up for a short hop if you want

I can squeeze in the Friday morning, because we don't start until Friday afternoon, so I'll do that. I'll get in Thursday, 2/10, late afternoon or evening.

Sounds Cool! I appreciate the offer for the flight...but me and heights do Not get along. But definitely remind me again when the date gets closer so I can make sure I'll be there.

Sounds Cool! I appreciate the offer for the flight...but me and heights do Not get along. But definitely remind me again when the date gets closer so I can make sure I'll be there.

OK, will do.

I don't like heights, either, but it doesn't bother me in planes, even with the side open. We do that in summer, not winter. If you see or hear us buzzing around Lake Mitchell or Lake Cadillac, you'll know who it is.

That's cold man. Almost as cold as it is outside (-13F).

Yeah, so anyway, there's a new Wind Farm roughly 10-15 miles Southeast of Cadillac that should be interesting to view from the air if you and the guys have the time to check it out.

Can I come along and throw wex out of the plane? Please?

Won't work. He won't go up, and there are only two seats, anyway.

He doesn't need to worry. These are strictly no-checking flights.

That's cold man. Almost as cold as it is outside (-13F).

Yeah, so anyway, there's a new Wind Farm roughly 10-15 miles Southeast of Cadillac that should be interesting to view from the air if you and the guys have the time to check it out.

I'll look, but we usually don't go past Lake Mitchell, and we stay pretty low. Might see it, though, if the visibility's good.

Won't work. He won't go up, and there are only two seats, anyway.

He doesn't need to worry. These are strictly no-checking flights.

I'll look, but we usually don't go past Lake Mitchell, and we stay pretty low. Might see it, though, if the visibility's good.

I like heights as the visibility is good

Thanks for everything to wex12; we played last Friday.

It was a fun mix of ability, and I (not a star) was comfortable with it, though I didn't manage to stuff it past wex12. My friend and I had a very good time, and got a very good workout.

Glad you guys had a good time. It was a pleasure to meet and play with you both. Hope the flying was as good as the skating. The weather sure looked great for it albeit as cold as it was.

Glad you guys had a good time. It was a pleasure to meet and play with you both. Hope the flying was as good as the skating. The weather sure looked great for it albeit as cold as it was.

Good to meet you, too; really, our pleasure. It was a very friendly group, really added to the experience. It was my first time taking my equipment along on a trip, and playing out of town.

It wasn't very cold for flying, and the landings on the lake were easy; the snow wasn't very deep. At the airport, there were several inches of snow to taxi through, and the turns through the crosswinds were quite a bit of work at times. Still, everyone had a great time.