Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interpathway

Postgame Equipment Handling

MY EQUIPMENT  

407 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

WOOT!!!

Anyone using one of these? I like this idea a LOT!

http://www.totalhockey.com/Product.aspx?itm_id=3379&div_id=1

I have a standard dryguy that I use for skates and gloves, it is a great tool. This looks really interesting, provides value to those of us that don't care for the process of construction one, but I can't see where pants might go. this pic shows some equipment on one, doesn't look like they would fit. Any ideas?

I just spread my stuff out on the floor of our spare bedroom/office. Undergarments, hockey socks, jersey and towel all go in the wash.

I haven't had any issue with smell yet, but my gear is all relatively new. I'm not sure what I'll do if it starts to smell, as we live in a small condo and don't really have anywhere to put my stuff.

I have that shock doctor bag that gets plugged in when I get home. Everything is pretty much 100% dry in 5 hrs. Works brilliantly and really prevents any smells, etc from building up. It is not perfect though, as in time the seperators in the bag kind of get messed up and of course you have to keep in mind that it will be larger and bulkier than a lot of other bags.

This is how I dry my stuff after each game. Works well in the colder months as the window air dries everything and nothing smells foul ever. In the summer humidity I turn the AC on overnight and it works...just not as well.

IMG_3511.jpg

The blue/black easton piece of equipment in the back, what is it? I see skates, shins, pants, shoulders, elbows, and helmet already so I'm curious what it is.

I have a standard dryguy that I use for skates and gloves, it is a great tool. This looks really interesting, provides value to those of us that don't care for the process of construction one, but I can't see where pants might go. this pic shows some equipment on one, doesn't look like they would fit. Any ideas?

If you look at the other pictures, the snow/hunting pants are attached to the suspenders that hang from the top... I'm guessing that's where the hockey pants would go as well.

I have a sport rack outside that I literally put all of my equipment on. Then I have a box fan blow on it until I pack my bag again. I play everyday so it is impossible to keep my gear dry. In the summer i wash my equipment with ozone once per week. (I'm part owner of one at my LHS) During the winter I typically dont have any problem with the smell of my gear because it sometimes freezes. However, in the summer the smell is unbearble. I try to keep the garage open all day and that helps so that the smell doesnt linger but for me there is no way to avoid the smell until the two month off-season I have.

'

I agree with Theo. The dryer bag works in 3-5 hours and while there maybe the odd time my schedule does let me get it fully dry I normally don't have an issue. Also it keeps stink down using the ozone

I have that shock doctor bag that gets plugged in when I get home. Everything is pretty much 100% dry in 5 hrs. Works brilliantly and really prevents any smells, etc from building up. It is not perfect though, as in time the seperators in the bag kind of get messed up and of course you have to keep in mind that it will be larger and bulkier than a lot of other bags.

+1. Not completely dry after 1 cycle, so I need at least 4 hours between games.

This is how I dry my stuff after each game. Works well in the colder months as the window air dries everything and nothing smells foul ever. In the summer humidity I turn the AC on overnight and it works...just not as well.

IMG_3511.jpg

Not sure if you're talking about my stuff... if you are can you draw an arrow as to what you're inquiring about?

Shock doctor high output blower and bag; bring bag into apartment and hook it up straightaway. It was either that or girlfriend was going to move out - became a huge issue as the stench was unbearable (so I'd keep the bag closed which only made it worse). So I got the shock doc set up and new equipment to start "fresh"

Pretty similar to other posts, as soon as I come home everything gets taken downstairs and laid out on a table and storage rack. Foot beds are taken out of skates, and equipment gets frebrezed. Jock, jersey, and any other washables gets washed.

I keep all of my equipment inside my house. I used to simply open up my bag and leave it in the garage but I had problems with it getting too cold in the winter and even freezing my skates once. So now I keep it all in a storage room about 10 by 20 feet. There are two shelves that I use to let most of my equipment air out. I used to put my shoulder pads and pants on the floor due to them being too big to put on the shelves, but I recently put some pegs in the wall and hang them up on the pegs. I take the footbeds out of my skates, put dryer sheets in my gloves, febreeze everything, keep my under clothes and such on a rack to air out (I play just about everyday and don't get the opportunity to wash it all more than once a week, and after all of that I have a big fan that I turn on and everything dries really well.

I usually air my skates, gloves, helmet and pants on my stick rack I made in the garage, and then the rest of my protective gear is aired inside the house.

stickrack2.jpg

stickrack.jpg

Girlfriend's stuff on the left hand side, mine and on the right. I've now added 2 hooks on the inside of the rack in front of the sticks to hang my pants from.

During the season its at the rink in the dressing room. Off season my gears at home on an equipment tree, with the under gear and jerseys in the wash. My mom usually complains about the smell only until she breaks and gets it cleaned.

i hang my soft goods and lay out the rest for 10-12 hours, except for my gloves and skates, which i keep out and upside down until they are dry (usually 18 hours).

PVC scarecrow In the garage. Undergarment in the easy wash post-every skate. Jersey and socks every couple of weeks.

Even though the garage is not heated, it does dry nicely and has little to no smell. My newest piece of gear (gloves) are 1 yr.old. The rest is 3 yrs. old+

Anyone use one of the ultraviolet deodorizers? There are several types on the market. Here's a link to one.

http://www.gizmag.co...ly-shoes/17814/

I have no connection with this company or product.

I have one. doesnt remove any odors that are already present and dried out the palms on gloves pretty badly