Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bostonjuniorblackhawks

Ebay Problem

I think that they can under certain circumstances (but I'm not 100% on this). Sounds like the guy just changed his mind and made up a bogus reason to get out of it. If it makes you feel any better, I just won a shaft and blade at a super low price. The seller didn't like the auction end price and sent me an email saying that the item wasn't for sale any more (Then relisted the same item at a higher price a couple days later). Usually ebay's alright, but when things go wrong, it's a pain. Hope your item sells!

I think that they can under certain circumstances (but I'm not 100% on this). Sounds like the guy just changed his mind and made up a bogus reason to get out of it. If it makes you feel any better, I just won a shaft and blade at a super low price. The seller didn't like the auction end price and sent me an email saying that the item wasn't for sale any more (Then relisted the same item at a higher price a couple days later). Usually ebay's alright, but when things go wrong, it's a pain. Hope your item sells!

You can retract a bid, they ask that you have a reason but if its a one time thing ebay won't get on you but repeated times they step in.

Sickwilly, if the original auction you bid on didn't say that he could pull it when you won, he is obligated to sell it to you, contact ebay and at least leave negative feedback

@Axxion89, That's what I thought. The feedback's there. Customer service is apparently looking into it. They told me not to pay, after I told them what was up.

Just bumping an old thread to vent about ebay, Why do people bid with no intentions on paying damn it pisses me off. I had an item up for auction the bid was at 200 even with seconds left someone bid 202 and won now they will not respond to me and still have not paid. Sorry just venting

I'm sure there is a certain amount of time you have to wait before it can be considered a null bid, but after that you could contact the second place bidder and see if they'd still like the product at $200.

I had to send out some 2nd chance offers when my original buyer changed his mind on a 9k girdle. (He claimed it was too big. What did he expect from an XXL?)

Both other bidders turned it down. I think there's usually some excitement in the moment but afterwards they realize they didn't want the item that badly.

Hopefully you get better results when you make the offer.

Both other bidders turned it down. I think there's usually some excitement in the moment but afterwards they realize they didn't want the item that badly.

I've also had times I was offered a second chance but already had a bid in on another similar or identical item, and didn't want to end up stuck with both.

I usually list items at a fixed price with the best offer option, and require immediate payment with buy-it-now. That helps to some degree.