Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ponder

Low profile, light shins?

Seems like most shin guards today are quite bulky, fairly wide on both sides of the leg, and quite bulky in front of the leg too, often with a big gap between the liner/padding and the shell. Obviously this is for protection, but if you don't care as much about high end protection, and just want a really low profile, close fitting shin guard (preferably a light one), what are some good options?

For me the Vapor line was way too shallow though. I bought a pair of X40's and I felt like they were just sitting on top of my leg; not very comfortable. They also seemed shorter in length than other shin pads too. My older Easton Synergy 800's are deep and really cup my knee and shin in place.

For me the Vapor line was way too shallow though. I bought a pair of X40's and I felt like they were just sitting on top of my leg; not very comfortable. They also seemed shorter in length than other shin pads too.

my feelings exactly. Coming from One90-One95 shins I tried X60 hoping they'd be light etc but they are just too narrow & short...

Another X40 vote. I took several shots off them last night no pain, though I am pretty careful to position straight on so no shots off the side of the leg.

Got tripped and went down right on the knee. I felt that one but no real pain