Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
elpresidente99

Custom Glove Gallery (questions and answers)

I'm looking to order some custom Warrior Franchise gloves but I need someone to explain to me the difference between the carbon, tufftek, and classic materials. It would be helpful if I could see pictures of each because I haven't been able to visualize their descriptions in my head. Much appreciated, sorry if this was a double post

Go to www.mywarriorhockey.com and start the glove customizer program. On step #2 where it says "Select Model"; the glove on the left side has all three glove materials that are available.

Carbon: On the display glove it's the yellowish-green color stripes on the back of the glove. Carbon has an appearance of carbon fiber and it's a coated material (coated in polyurethane).

Tufftek: On the display glove the Tufftek is the navy part of the glove. It's a hydrophobic 600 deniers polyester (coated with polyurethane) and is much more durable than the standard nylon used by other manufacturers.

Classic: On the display glove the cuff roll and pinky are employing the Classic material. The Classic material is a man made leather with a polyurethane base to help repel water.

If you go down to your LHS, you should be able to see some real world examples of the materials. Keep in mind that each material has a slightly different color palette. If you look through the link for the Custom Glove Gallery (http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3659-custom-glove-gallery), you can see what some of the colors/materials look like.

how long does it take from ordering on the website to getting the the custom warrior gloves delivered?

Well, you could always try clicking the "How long for delivery" button...but it's usually about 6 weeks I believe. Give or take a few depending on their workload.

Yup. I can confirm this as well. Waited all of February to see if Warrior would get in more Digital palm... finally Joe emailed me and said no dice, soldier.

Ordered mine in Feb with Digital palms...no issues.

Is it me, or has the Warrior wide Franchise gotten a little narrower over the past few months...

I have 3 pairs of wides. The first pair I ordered in June '11 and received a month later... They fit and measure across the backrolls wider than the other pairs I have (ordered July '11/received September '11 and my most recent pair I ordered February '12/received last week).... I thought my second pair was just a flaw/various in craftmanship - but this most recent pair is also narrower. Both have the backrolls arched a little bit and measure about .25 of an inch narrower than my first pair...

Maybe its just the desk my order lands at in Montreal? One person makes them a little different than the other???

I am not complaining - its just that I prefer the widest ones and want to make sure I am not going nuts!!!

Ordered mine in Feb with Digital palms...no issues.

What the hell? You lucky bastard!

Ya, I actually inquired in early February, then was told to email Joe back by end of February to see if they had any Digital Palm come in.

Let us know when you get em!

Lefty718 - I am willing to bet your gloves don't come with digital. If they do, then that is one upside with dealing with Warrior Canada ( who PSHG uses) over Warrior USA (Joe)... You can see all the problems people have had when ordering through Warrior Canada. A lot of special requests on cuffs, colors, etc have not been granted. Yes - the gloves are all made at the same factory, but the initial "sales" process is different for Canada and US. Best of luck...

Hey Gefilte, love the new customs you just posted. They look great. The Kovy cuff is basically the "old" standard cuff with a more mobile underside, correct? It doesn't have the newer "blooming" extension that started in 2011. At least that's what it looks like.

I have a pair of Customs with Hossa cuffs, but they're just not as mobile as I expected. I think I'm going to go Kovy for the next pair.

Hey Gefilte, love the new customs you just posted. They look great. The Kovy cuff is basically the "old" standard cuff with a more mobile underside, correct? It doesn't have the newer "blooming" extension that started in 2011. At least that's what it looks like.

I have a pair of Customs with Hossa cuffs, but they're just not as mobile as I expected. I think I'm going to go Kovy for the next pair.

Sort of. Yes, the underside is much more mobile than the standard and even Hossa cuff. I have owned a pair of Hossa cuff'd customs before.

The extension/slash guard of the Kovy cuff does not flare out like the new Blooming cuff does. It is rigid as well, but still provides a little mobility when bending your wrist that way...

I have played with/tried on/owned the following cuffs: Franchise 1.0, Franchise 2.0 (Blooming Cuff), Hossa and Kovalchuk. Here are my rankings for the two types of wrist mobility...

Bending wrist down, so the bottom wrist guard:

1. Kovalchuk

2. Hossa

3. Blooming

4. 1.0

Bending wrist up, so the cuff extension/slash guard:

1. Blooming

2. 1.0

3. Hossa

4. Kovalchuk

Hope that helps....

If you have an LHS that carries the Luxe glove try that on as it has the Kovalchuck cuff on that model. It really comes down to what you like. I have a pair with the Kovy cuff and a pair with the Hossa cuff. While I think they both offer better mobility than the standard cuff, I like the Hossa a little more than the Kovalchuk.

Lefty718 - I am willing to bet your gloves don't come with digital. If they do, then that is one upside with dealing with Warrior Canada ( who PSHG uses) over Warrior USA (Joe)... You can see all the problems people have had when ordering through Warrior Canada. A lot of special requests on cuffs, colors, etc have not been granted. Yes - the gloves are all made at the same factory, but the initial "sales" process is different for Canada and US. Best of luck...

Only time will tell. But I did just contact them about it, and they said if there was a problem on the order, warrior would have contacted them.

No, I think it has everything to do with the fact that you're dealing with a store as opposed to a Warrior employee. Poor Joe.