Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangles83

Easton Stealth RS Stick

What do you think? Is this a RS?

I got this the other day off ebay from a seller who claimed that this was a RS. What do you think? It is pictured next to a Letang S19 Pro Stock. According to the seller, this is a "rare" pro stock Letang RS. It was described as a pro stock RS and it was priced like one.

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

Now, I personally believe that since this particular "RS" is identical to the S19, that I was sold a S19 that was painted to look like a RS. What do you think? RS or S19 repaint?

Oh, and there is nothing about this stick that looks or feels like the Krecji RS that I have.

No matter what I do about this particular stick, definitely beware. I've tried coming discussing this with the seller, but he insists this is a RS. I have no idea what ebay will do about it. At this point, its actually more about the principal of the thing, not to mention educating others.

LOOK AT THE BARCODE!!!!! Honestly.

S19NHL Letang 2 PIT

:facepalm:

Yeah, that was my first clue as that was the end of the box I opened (and why I saved that picture for last...). His explanation: "I understand the concern over the bar code listing. I was present with the Easton rep and asked why it was labeled an s19. He explained that any RS stick with a custom flex point gets labelled nhls19. All retail specs get RS. As for my description I had stated it's not a repainted se16 as these are floating around. I feel I have described the item very accurately given the input from the rep. That stick is not an s19 and it's not a retail version of the RS. Unfortunately I do not offer returns nor will I engage in partial refunds. I appreciate your knowledge however I know what the rep from Easton had informed me."

Yeah, I agree. Thanks.

To be honest with you though, by those pictures, not taking into consideration the overall performance of the stick, I like the look of a S19 with RS graphics. The RS I have has a lot of the graphics scrapped off at least slightly though, so I don't know. Definitely follow up on Paypal and eBay though.

To be honest with you though, by those pictures, not taking into consideration the overall performance of the stick, I like the look of a S19 with RS graphics. The RS I have has a lot of the graphics scrapped off at least slightly though, so I don't know. Definitely follow up on Paypal and eBay though.

The RS graphics are nice. I agreee thats a good looking stick. The problem is that its not a RS and there's obviously more to a stick than the paintjob.

Not to mention, I'm betting in this scenario that there actually is no "Easton rep".

Well, I'm attempting to be really reasonable with the guy. I've offered to return it to him, or to overpay for a S19 by having him send me some money back (you know, because the paintjob is nice, but its still a S19 and I just don't want to fight about it). Hopefully he's thinking it over. But the clock is ticking. He still thinks he properly described the stick. I've tried explaining what "Seller takes full responsibility for the listing" and "Buyer protection" means, as well as sending him the pictures above. If he doesn't believe me after all this, then maybe Ebay and paypal will explain it to him again.

If you don't mind sharing, how much did you spend on the stick?

Well, let's just say less than I did originally when I thought this was a real RS. We worked it out. I overpaid a little bit for a pro stock S19, nearer to but under retail. I figure that's the price of a lesson learned on my part.

Quite positive an Easton rep wouldn't be giving him a RS.

I've had a retail RS from an Easton rep for about a month now. I'm assuming if I got one, there are others as well...

Nicest stick I've used. Very similar to an s19 with a much better blade, and lighter. Has held up very well overall. Here are some pics along with some pictures next to a retail s19 for comparison purposes.

getzlaf1.th.jpg

rs3q.th.jpg

rs2vs.th.jpg

Well, a sales rep can do what they choose to do - was it a sample?

We over here deal with corporate, so that's where my statement came from. That is why we haven't gone forth with any info on the stick til the first week of August.

Unfortunately I do not offer returns nor will I engage in partial refunds. I appreciate your knowledge however I know what the rep from Easton had informed me."

Tell him spew that line to Paypal.

His word isn't worth squat.

As he almost gets taken out by a purple jetta lol

Geno was just like.......cant you see I'm being a beast....

Malkin has toned that curve down the last couple of years. The Gino pro stocks I used to see were ridiculous.

Not like the 11' Gionta anymore? Looks like the blade itself is pretty long and slender too. No homo. Its hard to explain, but it only looks like 2" at its medium point.