Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axxion89

Mens League in New Jersey and NYC

I have no idea about any leagues that go on in Jersey and Brooklyn and want to know where they are and if they are any good. I know Woodbridge has one now and Staten Island (sucks) but don't know about much else. Can anyone who plays in any leagues in NJ/BK give their input, it would be greatly appreciated!

Hockey North America has been pretty good to me for the past couple of years. Pretty well run in my opinion. We play out of Mennen (Morristown), South Mountain (West Orange) and Ice House (Hackensack).

I agree, most organized league I have ever seen.

Just about every arena in NJ has a league. Having played in leagues in Bridgewater Sports Arena, Union Sports Arena, Ice Land, Protec Ponds, Aspen Ice Flemington, Aspen Ice Randolph, Ice Vault, Woodbridge, ProSkate, I can tell you it's all about the same and mainly depends on location, price, and your skill level. Some single sheet rinks like Flemington, Protec, Union, and Woodbridge offer one league, or two small ones. Multi sheet arenas will obviously have more games, better times, and more leagues. I know BSA has a B1, B2, C, and at times a D leagues. Aspen Randolph, has a South-1, South-2, North, Over-35, and Over-45 leagues.

You can find all the arenas in a state listed on arenamaps.com, and there are usually links to all of them there.

I'd recommend the Ice House in Hackensack. We have a lot of NYC guys who come over and play on our team there. There's a pretty wide range of levels. Although, I'd say top D6 teams could probably play as mid or low-level D5 or D4 if they're playing well. D1 is on a level of its own. Certain seasons are a lot more tight and competetive than others. Winter defenitely being the most competitive.

I'd say contact the league administrator, let him know what level you want and if any teams are looking, to contact you. Sometimes teams lose guys and need people in order to keep going.

Another method would be to meet people in open hockey who may be able to help you.

A third, is sometimes they put together a house league team in each level. Maybe you can just sign up as an individual.

Thanks for the replies and keep them coming, IDK what I am doing within the next few months yet so I want a lot of options. Also, if you know of any bad leagues (lots of d-bags, poorly run, etc) post em here too so I don't go to a league and it be a goonfest or a nightmare. Thanks!!

Thanks for the replies and keep them coming, IDK what I am doing within the next few months yet so I want a lot of options. Also, if you know of any bad leagues (lots of d-bags, poorly run, etc) post em here too so I don't go to a league and it be a goonfest or a nightmare. Thanks!!

HNA also does an evaluation skate before every season, just to keep ringers off the lower level teams. The only F'ed up thing with them is that they gave us crap for adding talent to our A1 team this year...

Anyways, what level would you say you were? That might help to find you a spot as well...

I'd say contact the league administrator, let him know what level you want and if any teams are looking, to contact you. Sometimes teams lose guys and need people in order to keep going.

Another method would be to meet people in open hockey who may be able to help you.

A third, is sometimes they put together a house league team in each level. Maybe you can just sign up as an individual.

I play in Ice House currently. I was referring to looking to get into HNA specifically.

HNA also does an evaluation skate before every season, just to keep ringers off the lower level teams. The only F'ed up thing with them is that they gave us crap for adding talent to our A1 team this year...

Anyways, what level would you say you were? That might help to find you a spot as well...

I'd be looking to play as a goalie so i would look to play on a lower level team like D/C begin to intermediate

For player I can do C/B

http://www.hna.com/leagues/front_pageHNA.cfm?clientID=2296&leagueID=5750

Or what level player are you? A, B, C, D? I might be able to get someone for you to get in touch with.

Probably B/C. I play D8 currently, but that's taking it down SEVERAL notches, only to play on a team with my friends. I played in D6 efficiently, and also did D4 serviceably.

I'm a get the puck and set other guys up type player. My feet don't move at the same speed as my mind anymore. :/