Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rashiki

Excellent custom skate fitters in New England, eastern New York, or northern New Jersey?

After trying on all the retail skates possible in my local hockey shops and none of them fitting well (heel slippage, inside angle bone almost hitting eyelets because they're so far forward, etc.), I feel like it would be logical to just get a quality pair of custom skates that I will truly enjoy and wear for many years to come. As nicksmission14 warned me, if I'm going to get custom skates, I better get them done by a top notch fitter, or else I'll be worse off.

That being said, does anyone have experience with custom fitters in the New England, eastern New York, or northern New Jersey areas? I'd like to get as much advice as possible before going forward. If anyone has some crazy feet like mine (I didn't think they were crazy, but it's looking more that way each time I try on skates) and had custom skates fitted that they love from someone in these locations, I would love to hear about it.

So far I've heard good things about these custom fitters:

- Ice House Pro Shop in Hackensack, NJ

- TSR in Salem, NH

- Westside Skate & Stick in NYC

Does anyone know of any others, or which of these 3 they would recommend?

Thanks for the help!

I buy pretty much all of my equipment from Ice House in Hackensack. Can't really say anything about the other two shops, haven't been to them.

Another place you may want to look into is the pro shop at Skylands in Stockholm, NJ. They're really great people with a wealth of knowledge.

Had my customs done at Ice House. I drove all the way from Pittsburgh and it was worth every minute and every cent

Sweet. Thanks. That's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to hear.

Had my customs done at Ice House. I drove all the way from Pittsburgh and it was worth every minute and every cent

Oh hey, Bravada. So did you go ahead and make an appointment? Is getting custom skates fitted not something that they'll do for everyone? Thanks!