Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

The change in pitch on the chassis with the recessed second wheel gives you a more natural, agile stance compared with the up high feeling of the CA series chassis.

I personally don't mind the old one myself but I've been using 76mm wheels on the front of mine giving a similar lower effect.

Anyone using and Alkali RPD Max+ stick? How you guys liking them?

Can anyone let me know how the A33 pattern stacks up against the sakic equivalents (easton E3/CCM P19/P29, Bauer P92, etc).

Sorry for the whole thread, but these sticks arent readily available in the UK and would be a special order through my distributor via my local shop.

• Like 1

i was in 7.5 ca7 before (when i put my foot on the footbed, i still have 4-5 mm space), and in rbk size 7D (slightly touched the toe box). i've tried my friend's 7.5 rpd max and still have some space on the toebox (i'd say a few mm). should i go with size 7 in shift+ then?

my foot length is 26cm. however when i looked at IWH size chart, 26cm = 6.5 , pretty damn confused right now since there's no LHS around here (i'm in indonesia)

I have had numerous IM's and just wanted to let everyone know I was let go from Alkali three weeks ago. I will still try to answer product questions, but can't help with any warranty issues. It was a great ride, but hopefully I will be back soon.

• Like 1

i was in 7.5 ca7 before (when i put my foot on the footbed, i still have 4-5 mm space), and in rbk size 7D (slightly touched the toe box). i've tried my friend's 7.5 rpd max and still have some space on the toebox (i'd say a few mm). should i go with size 7 in shift+ then?

my foot length is 26cm. however when i looked at IWH size chart, 26cm = 6.5 , pretty damn confused right now since there's no LHS around here (i'm in indonesia)

You definitely are not a 6.5 if your foot is 26cm long. My foot is 25.5cm's long and I'm in a 6.5 RPD Max and my toes are just off the toe box when laced up. Aside from how you measure you foot length, by what you have said it looks like you are one of those who would ideally suit a 1/4 size but it isn't possible from retail boots. Shift+ and rpd max fit the same in length so go back and try your friend's boot again, pull the laces and tongue right out, foot in the boot, toes feathering the toe cap, bend forward and see if you can slide a pencil down the back of your heel between the heel and the boot. If you can comfortably slide the pencil down then go for a 7, if it's a tight squeeze you might consider a 7 if you know anywhere that can do a toe punch otherwise you are a 7.5. Alkali typically fit a 1/2 size up from Rbk - Rbk 7 ='s Alkali 7.5

Edited by Vet88

Hi Justin,

The outsole is separating from the boot. I noticed a small gap in April and I can see the gap by squeezing on the toecap. It seems to be progressing and I am guessing the separation is worst when I am out skating.

I usually skate once or twice a week so this feels a bit premature of breakdown.

Thanks

I'm in UK and got one of these ordered in specially.

I use a Bauer 1x, and didn't like the Alkali. The stick is finished in a weird almost papery feel texture to it. The blade felt sort of dead to me. I kept trying to get along with it but ended up selling it.

Also after 15 mins at a training session it looked like I'd owned it for years.

Gutted I didn't like it, was excited to get it. I wouldn't recommend it either to anyone. And I love alkali gear.

I have had numerous IM's and just wanted to let everyone know I was let go from Alkali three weeks ago. I will still try to answer product questions, but can't help with any warranty issues. It was a great ride, but hopefully I will be back soon.

This is a shocker. Well done with your time at Alkali. I think you designed some of my favorite skates...Mission D3c and my next inline skates are/were likely Alkali's for this reason. Good luck in your future endeavors.

You definitely are not a 6.5 if your foot is 26cm long. My foot is 25cm's long and I'm in a 6.5 RPD Max and my toes are just off the toe box when laced up. Aside from how you measure you foot length, by what you have said it looks like you are one of those who would ideally suit a 1/4 size but it isn't possible from retail boots. Shift+ and rpd max fit the same in length so go back and try your friend's boot again, pull the laces and tongue right out, foot in the boot, toes feathering the toe cap, bend forward and see if you can slide a pencil down the back of your heel between the heel and the boot. If you can comfortably slide the pencil down then go for a 7, if it's a tight squeeze you might consider a 7 if you know anywhere that can do a toe punch otherwise you are a 7.5. Alkali typically fit a 1/2 size up from Rbk - Rbk 7 ='s Alkali 7.5

okay so i've ordered shift+ size 7.5 just like my old ca7. can't wait!!!

btw, is there a huge difference between max+ and shift+ ? all i know is same boot but different chassis.

Can anyone help me with the differences between the Max and Max+ skates?

biggest ones are the quarter material and liners

Each foot is different, but most people seem to go up half a size. So if you fit well into an 8 inhaler (supreme last) you would need an 8.5 Alkali.

Are the quarters and liners big upgrades from the Max?

Worth the difference in price?

that all depends on your own preferences and budget. you can get the max on clearance fairly cheap (got mine for 240 after discount code some months ago), and that was low enough for me to say, even though i have the Teams, i can get these (and thus setting up an indoor and outdoor pair). at the time, 650 would have been too much for me, simply because i was just re-starting roller and wasnt exactly sure if it would be a fad or something id continue with. I am going to probably keep playing inline once or twice a week, so its adequate for those needs, maybe when the + gets cleared out id spring for those and sell the max.

I dont have experience with the max+ but the purlyn quarter is more heat moldable, and more durable supposedly, and the liner better at wicking moisture.

I'm about to switch from Mission t7s to Alkali RPD Max. Will the movement chassis mitigate some of the growing pains that come with moving from a Hi-Lo chassis to a straight setup?

Give it 2 - 3 weeks of decent skatiing to change over, if after that time you are still wishing you had hi lo's then consider a chassis swap, wheel change as mentioned above or a rear shim (but alkali's are quite agressivley pitched forward). Just enjoy the boot for a while, it is a million miles better than the t7. I know a lot of players who have switched from Missions to Alkalis and all of them are still in the boot without any other changes.

• Like 1

I wanted to follow up and say that Joe from Alkali took care of my issue, he is sending me replacement skates.

Great customer service and support.

Justin, sorry to hear that you're no longer with Alkali, hopefully you stay in the hockey industry and continue bringing innovation :)

• Like 1