Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Definitely. As I have mentioned before, the heat fit mold ability of our skates is amazing.

Justin

Justin, I just got a pair of the CA7s and the feel really good out of the box. I wanted to home bake them... is this cool to do with Alkali? If so, can you advise the settings? Thanks in advance.

hi justin! finally got my CA7 after 2weeks+ of waiting (shipping overseas). so i tried the skates, the fit just perfect! toebox, width, heel lock, sharp turn,, really" good!

Definitely. As I have mentioned before, the heat fit mold ability of our skates is amazing. Since our skates have the ability to mold so much (range from a C to a EE width range of adjustment), we only needed to do one width skate. There are numerous reviews out there, and the have been great! I think you will be happy with the fit, features, performance, and durability.

Hope this helps.

Justin

Justin, if your skate solves width problems I'd be really happy. Im skeptical however for two reasons which is why I'm hesitant to purchase.

1) if the width can truly vary from c to ee, then why do you state the fit is for a wide forefoot?

2) how can the width get smaller since the outsole is rigid and wont change during heat molding?

Which models will accommodate any width from c to ee?

Thanks for your support on this site.

Edit: I fit a graf 703 narrow (c width) almost perfectly except I could use slightly more heel width and volume. This has been the best retail fit I have found. Would your skate accommodate my feet based on that description?

Edited by wetwilly17

Willy,

The toe box is fairly wide, and with baking I would imagine the first eyelet right over the toe box might not snug all the way up to a real narrow fit. The rest of the boot though conforms to however your foot is shaped. I still have a decent difference across the eyelets as my feet are on the wider side, my left foot measuring right between D and E and my right foot EE (on a Bauer brannock device). Usually my right foot kills me for a couple months with new skates while the fit works in after a bake or two.

I haven't used high end Bauer ice or CCM ice (both known for extremely heat reactive materials for baking fit) so I can't compare how the process might be the same or different. The Alakli skates though are extremely pliable after 9 minutes in the oven and form over the foot as you tighten the laces. It makes a lot of sense to me after having mine baked when Justin is saying that his eyelets are closer together to wrap around a narrower foot.

It's not just me tooting Alkali's horn every time I have said the moldability of the skates is unreal compared to everything else I've ever used, it's the real deal. Looking at the materials on the skates I'd bet the CA7 would be just as responsive to heat fitting, but Justin would have to answer that for sure.

Willy,

A couple of things that should help clear up:

1. We state that the skate is wider in the forefoot, because that is what the last is. We built a wider toecap on our skates to allow for more comfort out of the box.

2. The outsole on a C and EE skate is the same. At Mission we used the same outsole for all skate widths.

Take a look at the attached picture of my skate (The CA9) and another player with a wider foot skate (CA7). You will notice a huge difference in the eyelet facing wrap. My skates have an eyelet facing that completely wrap over the toe box and foot. This offers a more secure fit for my narrow foot.

skate.jpg

I hope this info helps.

Edited by Justin 1933

based on what i'm reading, it sounds like the heat molding will help a lot with adjusting to the volume of the foot, but not so much the width. is that accurate?

thanks for your help.

based on what i'm reading, it sounds like the heat molding will help a lot with adjusting to the volume of the foot, but not so much the width. is that accurate?

thanks for your help.

I have a EE foot, with a wider forefoot, and baking the skates formed them like a gloves to my feet. The heat molding ability really is tremendous. Baked CA9's are the most comfortable skate I've ever had on my foot.

the boot is awesome, but i lost a bit of my stability on my left skates (just noticed it today).

i looked over the chassis alignment n i think its a bit off. is it repairable?

img00333201202041508.th.jpg

img00332201202041507.th.jpg

Edited by jazz4all

Unless you have a convection oven, I do not recommend heating them at home.

Jazz, great to hear. Hope you enjoy them.

My home oven is convection. What would be the procedure with that, now that we got the 'Unless' out of the way? Or are there more 'buts', or other caveats? I have no skate shop around for miles. So that is a luxury I do not fully get to explore right now, until I get back to the states. And I own the CA3. Would those still benefit from a baking? There are just a couple spots that need to conform, and hopefully close that lacing down on the toebox a bit better.

Here you go:

Take wheels off (this way the skates can stand straight up.

Remove footbed

Put the oven rack on the bottom

Set the temp to 150 (lower than normal, but better to be safe than sorry)

Remove footbeds

Keep Light on to monitor the heating

Place in oven for 5 minutes to start

Constantly monitor and check them to make sure there is no issue

Check after 5 minutes to see if the boot is warm and has soften up a bit

If not, put back in oven for another 3-5 minutes.

See Video for the rest:

Anybody skating in the CA5 and have anything to say about them? I'm gonna need new skates soon and I dont think I can spring for the CA7 as much as I want to haha.

Anybody skating in the CA5 and have anything to say about them? I'm gonna need new skates soon and I dont think I can spring for the CA7 as much as I want to haha.

Exactly the question I wanted to ask, especially in relation to the Mission T6. Are there better stiffness and comfort in the CA5?

this might be answered somewhere else on this thread already, but I was wondering if the CA5 line was available in half sizes, im just getting back into roller hockey and was looking for a decent budget level skate for drop ins, not sure I want to commit to the CA7, but I am a 7.5D in CCM Ice hockey skates, and cannot seem to find half sizes in the CA5 to check out. Thanks!

The CA5s are a great skate that has plenty of stiffness, a strong chassis, and good wheels/bearings. The CA5 is not available in 1/2 sizes. You guys won't be disappointed if you chose the CA5 over our competition.

The CA5s are a great skate that has plenty of stiffness, a strong chassis, and good wheels/bearings. The CA5 is not available in 1/2 sizes. You guys won't be disappointed if you chose the CA5 over our competition.

Well, the only competition was the CA7 skate LOL. Thought originally about sticking with Reebok, but this thread swayed my decision.

this might be answered somewhere else on this thread already, but I was wondering if the CA5 line was available in half sizes, im just getting back into roller hockey and was looking for a decent budget level skate for drop ins, not sure I want to commit to the CA7, but I am a 7.5D in CCM Ice hockey skates, and cannot seem to find half sizes in the CA5 to check out. Thanks!

Ill check the sizes then and see if something fits right.

Did I read on here, maybe in SDcopp's LTR, that the CA9s will make you be lower to the ground than Mission/Bauer, mainly because of the need to fit the all 80 setup? That means I'll have to cut all my sticks. Wondering how much of a drop it is?

the CA9s sit slightly higher than on Mission's. It's not a huge difference, I kept all my sticks the same length without issue. It's a different feel with both a minor height difference and change in pitch from a neutral stance to a more forward stance, but you adjust quickly.

i currently have a pair of converted, Bauer One50's with a ccm tri di lite chassis,

previously used the ccm v06 which just fell apart within 1 year, except the chassis as being used on above skates,

now, would anyone be able to tell me what model Alkali skate would be in the same category as the two i have been using,

i have been looking at the CA5 would this be at the same level or higher

thanks in advance!!