Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

The Major differences between the two skates is exactly what you mentioned. The Chassis (mag vs extruded), wheels, internal liner, and bearings. The internals are very similar, so if you don't need the upgrades, you can't go wrong with the Shift. The liner difference is not AEPE (which is not used on the Shift, that is a typo/mistake). The liner used on the Max is a anti-microbial, moisture wicking microfiber liner. This liner is our top of the line liner. The liner of the Shift is a hydrophobic anti-slip liner that works extremely well and very comfortable.

Hope this information helps.

Justin

Just received the Shift's today... 1 business day shipping to Canada via UPS, not too shabby.... Debating on whether or not to keep them or send them back for a half size larger. My big toe is pushing up against the toe cap. seems a tad bit more than I'd like, may get uncomfortable. Would heat fitting/breaking in the skate help at all? it seems like its just a matter or a mm or two...

Just received the Shift's today... 1 business day shipping to Canada via UPS, not too shabby.... Debating on whether or not to keep them or send them back for a half size larger. My big toe is pushing up against the toe cap. seems a tad bit more than I'd like, may get uncomfortable. Would heat fitting/breaking in the skate help at all? it seems like its just a matter or a mm or two...

I agree with Vet88. I'd keep them, bake them and break them if it's only a couple mm. A proper bake and then breaking them in will give you a few mm of space.

How does the heel area fit on these when compared to the Vapor or Supreme line of Bauer skates. Are these a more narrow heel or a nice wide round heel like the Supreme?

Also is the movement chassis available for purchase individually?

Edited by sjs0433

I agree with Vet88. I'd keep them, bake them and break them if it's only a couple mm. A proper bake and then breaking them in will give you a few mm of space.

Laced them up properly, still pushing up hard against the toe cap, very uncomfortable, gonna have to return them for a 9.5... Weird I figured for sure I'd be a 9 seeing as how my current mission Boss SE's are a 9 and fit perfectly length wise (toe feathering the cap).. Back when mission ran Shoe Size, my VSI's were a 10.5 and fit perfectly. I had a game last night and was really looking forward to skating in them..

Brentdz, sorry they don't fit and you'll need a larger size. As a FYI, Mission skates never ran shoe size. Pre Bauer, Mission skates ran 1 to 1.5 below your shoe size. Our current skates fit similar to this in terms of sizing.

SJS - We are not selling the Movement Chassis individually.

Brentdz, sorry they don't fit and you'll need a larger size. As a FYI, Mission skates never ran shoe size. Pre Bauer, Mission skates ran 1 to 1.5 below your shoe size. Our current skates fit similar to this in terms of sizing.

Aside from them being a bit too small length wise, they felt pretty comfortable, and were lighter than I was expecting. I did like the increased forward pitch and have no doubt its gonna be a great skate for me once I have the proper size.

• Like 1

During the bake, is there anyway to mess these skates up. The guy that is doing them for me is fairly incompetent. Gave me a look when I told him to take the footbeds out, told me not to stand and has been on his phone ignoring me for some time now. I just wanna make sure these things aren't screwed

Thanks. Can someone answer my question about the way the heel fits on these? If they are anything like the Bauer Vapor line there is no way they'll work for me. If they are more like the Supreme line then I'll be fine Edited by sjs0433

During the bake, is there anyway to mess these skates up. The guy that is doing them for me is fairly incompetent. Gave me a look when I told him to take the footbeds out, told me not to stand and has been on his phone ignoring me for some time now. I just wanna make sure these things aren't screwed

take a note of it and never let him touch any skate ever again

take a note of it and never let him touch any skate ever again

So you know, this was hockey underground in Farmingdale. Figure i'd let you know since I thought I read you played at skate safe which is right down the road. Not bad people just seemed uneducated about certain things. Still yet to find a knowledgeable hockey shop on the island.

So you know, this was hockey underground in Farmingdale. Figure i'd let you know since I thought I read you played at skate safe which is right down the road. Not bad people just seemed uneducated about certain things. Still yet to find a knowledgeable hockey shop on the island.

When I baked my CA9 RPD (Thanks again Justin, where are my test pair of RPD Max? :rolleyes:), I took the foot beds out and also during the baking I stood up as well.

The CA9 RPD was the first skate I'd ever heard of where you stand during the backing process, but standing up made such a huge difference in the fit of the skate. Pretty sure you can bake a pair of skates twice so if you can find another spot to bake them you can give standing up a try. Just be careful, stand up slow, and you'll feel the boot conform more to your foot.

As for shops on the Island, when I grew up there Cozzi's at Newbridge was my preferred spot for sharpening and the like. These days not sure who has the market cornered but a buddy of mine does run the shop out of Superior so if you head there ask for Rob.

Laced them up properly, still pushing up hard against the toe cap, very uncomfortable, gonna have to return them for a 9.5... Weird I figured for sure I'd be a 9 seeing as how my current mission Boss SE's are a 9 and fit perfectly length wise (toe feathering the cap).. Back when mission ran Shoe Size, my VSI's were a 10.5 and fit perfectly. I had a game last night and was really looking forward to skating in them..

The fit is running to form, you need to go up 1/2 a size on other skates manufactured over the last few years. The only recent skate that was similar in size to Alkali is the Bauer RX:60 which for some strange reason fitted 1/2 a size different to the rest of the Bauer line.

I have heard of Cozzis but that's a little far for me, but then again so is farmingdale. After a couple hours I put them back on and putted around my house. Have to say they feel awesome. The right foot needs to break in a little more but so far so good.

I've Een there before, the staff can be hit or miss. Btw did they have the new pants in stock?

I heard of cozzis in Newbridge as well, got my last skate sharpening there.

The fit is running to form, you need to go up 1/2 a size on other skates manufactured over the last few years. The only recent skate that was similar in size to Alkali is the Bauer RX:60 which for some strange reason fitted 1/2 a size different to the rest of the Bauer line.

Damn....Wish I would have known that before I ordered, would have saved over $80 in shipping.

Yeh, I understand your pain. It was a question I posed on Modsquad a while ago that a size chart for skates would be a helpful idea but it got shot down in flames.

Justin,

If a vapor cut is what works best for my heel would I be able to make a pair of Maxs or Shifts work for me? I'm looking to upgrade and I'd honestly like to support you guys.

Mik3,

I think you would be very happy with the fit of our skates. The mold-ability of our skates allow them fit a wide variety of feet shapes. I appreciate you taking at look at us and supporting the brand.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Justin

alright im slowly narrowing down to a few skate options and i kinda like the ida behind the ca7 and ca9 but my concern is i dont see anyone wearing alkali in any of the 6 arenas i skate at. is there a reason behind this or am i just in a region where they arent widely availble? also if anyone had some feed back on the performence of these that would be a huge help!!

Saw a guy wearing the new rpd max skates last night and they looked quite good, I didn't ask.him about it.bc the team was a bit dick ish . A matter of fact that guy cross checked me in the back bc I won all my faceoffs against him. In front of the ref no less, no penalty was called.