Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Just stumbled accross this site after playing hockey for years. Ive played ice for the last 15 and just ventured in to roller in the last year or 2. Ive looked at Alkali skates online and it seems from reviews that the sizing is different than most skate sizing? I wear a 9 in my Bauer Supreme one.9's and my current roller skates are an older mission style also size 9. Ive been looking at getting either the CA 7's or the RPD comp models. Any help in regards to sizing? Thanks

Do all of the new generation of Alkali skates fit the same? I tried on what i think were the RPD team and the fit seemed pretty good. I'm interested in the RPD max but the shop doesn't carry them. Will they fit the same? Any comments about slightly less/more volume/width/length due to the material differences will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The Max's will fit similar to the Team. There will be a slight difference based not stiffness, but overall the patterns are the same. If you liked the fit of the Team skates, you will like the fit of the Max skates.

Just stumbled accross this site after playing hockey for years. Ive played ice for the last 15 and just ventured in to roller in the last year or 2. Ive looked at Alkali skates online and it seems from reviews that the sizing is different than most skate sizing? I wear a 9 in my Bauer Supreme one.9's and my current roller skates are an older mission style also size 9. Ive been looking at getting either the CA 7's or the RPD comp models. Any help in regards to sizing? Thanks

Our skates fit 1.5 to 1 size down from your shoe. When I skated old Mission (pre Bauer buying Mission) I was a size 8.5. I am currently a 8.5 in Alkali, and have a size 10 shoe.

You can see my apx2r box in the background. Wanted you to know that I actually had them before these.

1601135_10152295181077150_1747089784_n.j

Is it me or are Alkali boots designed for speed demons. Looks like such an aggressively cut boot (especially the line from tendon guard down). WOW!

Please share experiences of those two skates.

That boot looks like a 'yogi' crafted it

Inline boots need to have a more aggressive pitch, since there is no rocker like a ice blade. The forward lean of the skate puts you in a more natural skating position, which makes the player feel more balanced. We design our skates specially for roller hockey, and that is why we have that angle.

Inline boots need to have a more aggressive pitch, since there is no rocker like a ice blade. The forward lean of the skate puts you in a more natural skating position, which makes the player feel more balanced. We design our skates specially for roller hockey, and that is why we have that angle.

The first time you put the skates on and skate around you will feel a noticeable forward lean almost where you feel a bit unbalanced, but after you get going and really skating in them you will not notice the lean at all. Like Justin said the boot puts you in a natural skating position which well, becomes natural feeling lol. You can really tell alot of inline specific thought goes into the design of the skates.

Yeah It took me all of 5 minutes if that to get used to mine, all I was interested in at the time was, "How fast can I go in these things!". lol

The whole "straight chassis takes ages to get used to/throws off balance....etc" wives tales are solved by bending your knees more.

Yeah It took me all of 5 minutes if that to get used to mine, all I was interested in at the time was, "How fast can I go in these things!". lol

The whole "straight chassis takes ages to get used to/throws off balance....etc" wives tales are solved by bending your knees more.

for a no-recessed-straight, straight chassis it takes a game or two and you really need to pull your foot in on turns. in my reeboks i would be pulling in and banking so hard my skate boot would hit the ground and i would be in danger of slipping.

with a recessed wheel it takes less time and turns come surprisingly sharper and you feel much more of a "dig"

for a no-recessed-straight, straight chassis it takes a game or two and you really need to pull your foot in on turns. in my reeboks i would be pulling in and banking so hard my skate boot would hit the ground and i would be in danger of slipping.

with a recessed wheel it takes less time and turns come surprisingly sharper and you feel much more of a "dig"

I haven't tried a recessed one yet but i'll be upgrading to Max's in August-September for no reason other than I can't help myself.

But in my non recessed Alkali's I found I picked it up straight away, no issues of boot slide.
Could just be "out of sight, out of mind", all I was obsessing over was how quick I wanted them to be out of the box.
They were. lol

Woohoo my skates (Alkalai Crew) arrived fresh from USA yesterday. I baked them like a master chef and followed the fitting instructions to the letter. They fitted great straight from the box.....or is that bawx??....but now they fit perfect, like a glove, even better than my hunting boots. I am impressed. After initial inspection the skates are very impressive and well put together. They look awesome. Unfortunately I haven't skated on them yet.....they're still curing in the box. I will definitely skate on them tomorrow & over the next week. I'll let you know what I think. As for the aggressive stance angle....when you stand up in them you don't even notice it as the natural bend in your knees when skating, aligns your legs to the angle of the boot. In my other boots my legs are always at that same angle but more pressure is put on the tongue. Seems like common sense design to me.

• Like 2

We don't recommend using a home oven, unless it is a convection style oven. There are others who have done it with a home oven on youtube that you may be able to review.

Looking for some advice, wear a 32X30 pant and looking to pick up a pair of Alkali CA7 pants. Do not normally wear a girdle, but don't like my pants to be tight. Hear these ran small, so should I get a large or a medium? Thanks.

Just a question out of curiosity... The alkalis seem cut higher than say a vapor line of skate, does anyone keep the top eyelet unlaced?

Perfectly snug laced right to the top. No lace bite for me.

I hate recommending sizes, since there are many factors to how to fit a skate. However, just based on the fact that you are a UK 7 or US 7.5, I would say either a 6 or 6.5 skate.

If your foot is 25cm long you will be a 6 or 6.5, depending on how you have measured and how you like your fit. Put a piece of paper against the wall, foot on paper with heel against the wall, mark the longest toe. Measure.

Edited by Vet88

My foots 25cm, so what size is 26cm cause I think that would be a better fit.

Its okay now, Ive found a sizing chart. Many thanks

My foots 25cm, so what size is 26cm cause I think that would be a better fit.Its okay now, Ive found a sizing chart. Many thanks

Edited by TheManBrooksy

This may sound silly..did you fully tie up the skates..or are your toes crushed prior to lacing.

Essentially tieing the skates up will push your foot back in to the heel cup..

I also imagine after a bake..you will free up some space.

I guess what im asking is..how crushed is crushed? Lol

I guess what im asking is..how crushed is crushed? Lol

Your foot should not feel scrunched. The key is to be feathering the toe cap. Also yes tieing the skate pushes the foot back a bit but you should bend your knees like a hockey stance as that will slide the foot back. It sounds like you may need half a size up

Yes I think half a size up would be better. They felt scrunched after being laced up. I think if I baked them there would be little results, and doin that I wouldnt be allowed to return them. So gonna order half size up, just gutted ive got to wait again for so long.