Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Gloves to the UK as well please...been waiting patiently (time to trade in my lime green/pink/blue warriors)! Puck Stop in Sheffield is stocking skates currently but sticks pants girdles and gloves pleeeease. Word

Hi there first time on this forum!

I am returning to inline after 6-7 years and am currently using an old 2000ish mission SI size 12E they weigh a ton and the out-sole is starting to peel off the bottom of the boot.

The only other skates I have tried on are an old pair of Nike Bauer supreme selects size 10.5 found in the local rinks skate shop.

Which size would this equate to in a CA7 as I'm very interested in these.

I wont be able to get into a store to size them unfortunately as I am in New Zealand.

If you are wearing a size 12 old mission, you should be able to fit in a 12 Alkali. What size shoe are you?

Size 12 US Nike running shoe. Does that sound about right for a size 12 ca7/9?

Based on a 12 running shoe, you could go down to any size between a 10.5 to 11.5. It all depends upon how you like your skates to fit. However, if you are comfortable with the 12 old Mission, our sizing fits exactly the same in terms of length.

i'm currently in a pair of bauer one55's, looking to get a pair of mission T6 or mission lieutenant

i'm now looking at getting a pair of alkali's as my LHS in the Uk now stocks them, so i was hoping for some advice,

which pair would be of similar ilk, CA5 or CA7

thanks in advance

Justin, did you remove a post between my 2 posts there??

i was going to ask, (maybe a pm might be better) for some more advice on the CA5 and CA7 as i'm looking to get a pair of either within the next 2 weeks,

but the post has gone and i cant remember what it said :wacko:

I didn't delete anything. Unfortunately i am not familiar with the One55, since I don't believe it was sold in the US. The CA5 is a step up from the T6 skate, and the CA7 is another step up. Depending on what your budget is, both skates are great options. Personally I feel the CA7 is the best skate value in our line. The boot has almost all the features of a high end skate, at a mid price point. You can't go wrong with either the CA5 or CA7.

Hey Justin, have you had any issues with the white addictions?

I got my CA9's last week, now with a total of 14 hours skating on a plastic tile surface the front and back wheels are splitting and starting to chunk out. Even 74a hyper trinitys lasted longer than these and the red addictions I had on my Rbk 10k's lasted since Xmas (I'm 5' 11" and weigh 165lb's). Either the CA9's have really screwed up my skating style or there is something wrong with the wheels.

Hey Justin, have you had any issues with the white addictions?

I got my CA9's last week, now with a total of 14 hours skating on a plastic tile surface the front and back wheels are splitting and starting to chunk out. Even 74a hyper trinitys lasted longer than these and the red addictions I had on my Rbk 10k's lasted since Xmas (I'm 5' 11" and weigh 165lb's). Either the CA9's have really screwed up my skating style or there is something wrong with the wheels.

Hey Vet88,

I believe Labeda would be the one to contact here & not Justin/Alkalai. Rob from Labeda is on the board here from time to time and does a great job helping folks out w/ issues like these. Just please keep in mind the Summer Roller season is coming up so most companies will be busy.

Thanks, I dropped him a message and will wait for his reply. The message to Justin was to see if there could be a batch issue somewhere in the production runs which Alakli might have a better handle on than Labeda.

At the speed I'm going thru these I'll need new wheels very soon and if it isn't a batch issue then I will have to give some serious thought to a harder rated wheel, something I haven't done before but now necessary because of a change in boot / chassis.

Vet:

Sorry for the issue with the wheels. Please contact rob@labeda.com for replacement wheels. If you have any issues, please let me know and I will help you get replacements.