Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Hey Justin,

Those look sweet. What are the spec's on changes that you have made from the CA9 skate. Any ventilation, maybe in the tongue? When will they be in stores? What's the price point? So many questions so little time!

Hey Justin,

I've had my CA9's now for almost a month. I average 2 - 3 hours a day in them, 7 days a week, so they have had a fair amount of time to break in.

I'm now finding there is a ridge inside the boot, it's on the inner side of the boot, positioned directly behind the Alkali logo that acts as a scuff guard on the side of the boot (in line with the ball of my foot). I'd say it's where you have overlayed the end of the toe cap with the boot liner but haven't put anything next to the toe cap edge to cancel the ridge out. As the boot has worn in, the boot liner has compressed and now there is this hard vertical edge in the boot.

It's got so bad that I'm almost at the point of not been able to skate, when I finish a session I have this vertical line imprinted into the side of my foot. I'm now trying to pad up with cotton wool and other various things to try and stay in the skates, do you have any suggestions?

ps - no reply from Labeda, I swapped the white addictions out for red ones and these are holding up ok. The white ones chunked out by the 3 week mark.

42.75" is the length for an XL pant.

You just got an alkali pants customer, probably for a long time. Most xl pants are a 45" which is understandable, but also a bit long for me. Thanks Justin!

You just got an alkali pants customer, probably for a long time. Most xl pants are a 45" which is understandable, but also a bit long for me. Thanks Justin!

there are reviews on here reporting that alkali pants run small and to size up one compared to what you would normally wear with other brands. so you may need xxl, which would be a longer pant i believe. i think i remember justin saying to size up too, but i could be wrong.

Edited by wetwilly17

yeah, one size up for alkali. can't wait to use my CA5 pants :) i hope the airflow is good.

i saw the ca5 at my lhs. they are very light and have great ventilation.

Hey Justin, a question about maintenance of the CA9 boot.

I skate between 2 - 3 hours a day, 7 days a week. I am one of these people who sweat a lot and by the time I've finished my boots are soaking wet eg the laces shed water as I pull them thru the eyelets when taking the boot off.

So I am wondering about how much damage the salt from my sweat is doing to the boots. I know how bad it is for certain parts of the boot like eyelets and rivets, I've watched my CCM V10, Mission Boss and Rbk 10k eyelets disappear after just a month or so (commendations to the eyelets used in the CA9 as they have held up well so far). The other day I was giving them a quick final dry in the sun and notice some leeching of salt along the side of the boot. Do you recommend soaking them in water (wheels off) every now and then? If so, how often eg once a week, month....?

with out a doubt the best feeling inline I have ever used.

can you compare to ice hockey sticks (easton, bauer, etc)? the bar for inline specific company hockey sticks hasn't been set very high.

Need help on sizing, been reading through the forum and it says to get the same size as bauer's but then it says they are the same size as the pre bauer missions.

I had a size 8 mission t9 and due to the amount of bad reviews on Tour's i am deciding to not take a lucky dip. I can't try on the skates and have to order them in.

If you had size 8 T9's then you need size 8.5 alkali. As a reference point, a foot that measures 25.5cm fits a 6.5 alkali with about 1mm to spare (imho a perfect fit). A 27cm foot (size 8) should fit a 8.5 alkali however you may want a fraction more room and could consider another 1/2 size up, depends on how you like your fit. Measure your foot (heel against wall, measure to the end of the longest toe) and use these figures as a guideline. Good luck, the CA9 is a very good skate.

Edited by Vet88

I am looking into getting a pair of alkali skates but I wanted to know what is the major difference between the CA7's and the CA5's. Are the CA7's better for larger players? I am 6'4 and 200 plus pounds. Thanks

I am looking into getting a pair of alkali skates but I wanted to know what is the major difference between the CA7's and the CA5's. Are the CA7's better for larger players? I am 6'4 and 200 plus pounds. Thanks

Adam,

There are some major differences between the CA7 and CA5 skates:

1. Boot - The CA7 Boot is lighter, stiffer, better internal liner, Thinner/lighter outsole

2. Wheel - Dynasty Wheel vs Millenium

3. Swiss Lite vs ABEC 9 bearing

4. Chassis - One piece fully extruded chassis vs. one piece cxtruded and stamped chassis

Either skate will work for you, but I would recommend the CA7. The CA7 skate is basically a high end skate, without the Magnesium chassis.

Justin,

I'm in France and don't think I can try a pair of CA9 skates in a shop here... What size would accommodate 26cm long feet?

Also, I'd like you to know I prefer the simple and classy look of the regular CA9 over the one of the RPD which looks more like a ski shoe to me. I hope this is not revealing of a trend you guys will pursue.

Thanks in advance for your answer, I can't wait to skate with these.

If your feet are 26cm's long (see earlier post as to how to measure your foot) then a size 7 should be a perfect fit (around 1mm of space at the back of the heel). If you like a slightly looser fit then you would go for a size 7.5.
My feet are 25.5cm's long and I fit a size 6.5 perfectly.

Edited by Vet88