Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

alright im slowly narrowing down to a few skate options and i kinda like the ida behind the ca7 and ca9 but my concern is i dont see anyone wearing alkali in any of the 6 arenas i skate at. is there a reason behind this or am i just in a region where they arent widely availble? also if anyone had some feed back on the performence of these that would be a huge help!!

Let me know if you have any particular questions regarding our skates. Obviously being a fairly new brand, there is limited players in our skates, but I believe you will see more and more players making the switch. If you see any people wearing Mission Skates from the pre bauer days, they were designed by me. So we are a new brand, but have been making skates for over 20 years.

Well i've called most places they either do not carry rpd max or only have size 8.5 and up when i believe i need an 8... So from reading on here is it safe to say if i am an 8d in a bauer rx60 that i will be and 8 in a max? I had tried a regular rpd in a size 8 very quickly a while back and it seemed to be the right size also?

• Like 1

Tried on the comp pants and first went with a med since I wear that now in mission. The length was great but around the waist and junk area it was tight, no way to fit my jock and cup under it. The large was better, a little tighter in the rear but I think that's the cinch back that helps it stay up. In a ready position the gusset gave a little stretch and croutching over for a faceoff or to block a pass it really was stretching but it never slipped an inch. The length was a little too long and would threaten going in the wheels.but may be good with shins. I'm worried the knees would be too low and get ripped above the double patches and then I would be where I am now with my current pants. For me, a shorter legged guy whos 200+ lbs and a 36x30 pant size, pants are hard to fit perfect as I'm not a normal build

I will say I really liked the pants, the sure fit works real well and is similar to what I have now. The comps don't.have the zipper and Velcro fly but the sides are easy enough to adjust it doesn't matter and I'm really looking at the team pants with the fly anyway. I was really impressed by the build quality and material choice. I felt like I couldn't bust the pants, everything stretched and had give, yet it was so lightweight and breezy. My legs were cold in store trying them on. And this is 2 steps away from their premium platinum.

In store they looked and felt a step above everything else and only the top.of the line.bauers looked like they could compete.

Over the next couple days Im going to.decide if I want the teams. I may order it in large and try it on at home in my gear to give me a true fir profile.

Actually just looked at the team pants and they have no zip fly only the side adjusts. I have to say the zip fly makes getting in and out of the pants much easier and faster and you don't need to readjust them to get the right fit once yourlve found it. Not a deal breaker but a small downer.

Edit: I see moat roller pants don't offer a zipper fly or anything in the front. Is there some disadvantage to it?

Edited by Souldriver

Well i've called most places they either do not carry rpd max or only have size 8.5 and up when i believe i need an 8... So from reading on here is it safe to say if i am an 8d in a bauer rx60 that i will be and 8 in a max? I had tried a regular rpd in a size 8 very quickly a while back and it seemed to be the right size also?

Just as a point of reference, I wear a 7.5 in a Bauer APX and had to go to an 8 in the CA9 RPD.

Justin, would you suggest last year's RPD or this year's shift?

think the chassis itself is more than worth this year's models upgrade. I'm sure you have wheels and swiss bearings laying around from playing already as ell to drop in there.

I wore tours (also have a recessed wheels) for a short short time and the turning on that waaaaaaay outclassed my reeboks which were very straight with 80s. Surprisingly a much better "dig" on turns.

I had a quick stint with the Bauer Apx2r jets but think im going back with Alkali. The Bauers are great but I have been getting tons of pressure on the top of my feet when skating. It was so bad yesterday at practice I had to wear go to my emergency pair of T10's. Hopefully my MAX skates are in stock so I can get those asap. Excited to be back in a straight frame but also a boot that's more comfy on my feet.

Tyler,

You will notice a big difference with the new chassis. The balance/stability is night and day different verse our old chassis. I really think you will enjoy the boot feeling and chassis improvement.

Tyler,

You will notice a big difference with the new chassis. The balance/stability is night and day different verse our old chassis. I really think you will enjoy the boot feeling and chassis improvement.

Yep can definitely see myself spending more money really soon.

The only other guy that uses Alkali locally just went to them & theyre amazing compared to my RPD's.

I don't need them but I really want them!

I'm thinking the same thing Justin. The 2014 product line looks unreal so it was an easy choice when I knew I needed skates. Still have to get my hands on one of the new sticks. I haven't been able to track down an A33 75 flex MAX yet.

Tyler,

Hey Justin,

If the recessed chassis set up on the RPD Max makes such a difference, does it make sense for me to take the chassis off my CA9 RPD and put on a Tour chassis and dremmel out the sole for the recessed wheel?

I'm thinking the same thing Justin. The 2014 product line looks unreal so it was an easy choice when I knew I needed skates. Still have to get my hands on one of the new sticks. I haven't been able to track down an A33 75 flex MAX yet.

Hockey Monkey has the Max Sticks in a 75 A33

Just received my max skates i'm very happy with the high quality of these skates. My only question is can a mismount in the chassis placement be a problem with skating. As i am happy with the skates there is a 2-3mm mismatch and wondering if it will effect skating or should i mail them back for a new pair?

Let me know if you have any particular questions regarding our skates. Obviously being a fairly new brand, there is limited players in our skates, but I believe you will see more and more players making the switch. If you see any people wearing Mission Skates from the pre bauer days, they were designed by me. So we are a new brand, but have been making skates for over 20 years.

That is pretty cool, I just popped on here because I am looking for some info on Alkali skates, but I am in Melbourne, Australia, I have an old pair of Mission Assassin SE Skates which have now seen better days, I am a size, 10.5 US

shoe size, so would I be looking at 9 or 8.5 or a pair of Alkali skates, will I be able to handle the all 80mm wheels ? Obviously me buying the overseas I have to be a bit more picky before I go and buy a pair.