Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

For sure dude. Should be a good time with a ton of games. Not sure if the vendors are gonna be there or not but you might get a chance to check our all the other Alkali gear you have not already seen.

The outsole on my mission ac2s are already cracking (after less than 15 games, I'm going to see if there is some warranty there.) Really pissed bc I just dropped $400 on them and everything else on the skate is mint still. But it gives me a good chance to look at the new alkalis if they're there.

My friends also used to all do these tournaments and would weck house nation wide so it will be a good throwback time. Also as a heads up, not sure if skatesafe does anything different for tourneys but their lockerrooms and the place in general has lousy non existent heat. Be prepared.

How long have you had your skates? I would reach out to who you bought them from to see if they will warranty them for you.

Thanks for the heads up at skatesafe. Luckily im no rookie to that rink, we end up going there a few times a year for tournaments and aihl games. I'll make sure to grab a spot in the stands under the lone heater. Should be warmer this weekend so the puck wont be tough to deal with.

bought my skates at the end of the spring season. I didn't play summer either and missed some games in the fall. I always take top notch care of my stuff and the wheels I first put on them are still in good condition. I never had this happen and was going to make a post with pictures about it to see what's up as well.

@justin: I know SS carries alkali but will your booth have your new skates and stuff to try on?

What is the reason behind Alkali (and Tour) using 76mm wheels for size 6-6.5 skates?

I also noticed that Reebok and CCM uses 80mm wheels for size 6 skates. Difference of opinion on optimal use of wheels?

I would love to buy Alkali skates but I'm a size 6 and I won't be able to take advantage of the all 80mm setup. It's a shame, I loved how the Alkali fit compared to the other skates.

I'm a size 6.5 and I've always seen the all 80mm setup as a disadvantage to my skating because the wheelbase is too long for my foot length. Too much of the front wheel is ahead of my toe, too much of the rear wheel is behind my heel, and that makes turning just brutal. That's not an equal tradeoff of top speed for me.

With good bearings I'm just as fast on a junior Hum'er chassis so I'm not missing out on much. Personally I'll take a hit on my top-end speed to gain agility and lateral quickness. Basically if I'm ever going full-burn straight ahead it's usually because I did something wrong in positioning anyway.

For a player like me it's a good design choice. Maybe that's Alkali's reasoning, maybe it's not. Either way it's good to see them paying attention to the length of the wheel base for smaller senior sizes.

• Like 1

Younot sure if you already tried on alkalis, but maybe (and I don't mean force a size that's wrong) just maybe you are a size higher. I would also say that the smaller wheels in the smaller skates is a wheelbase thing.

My CA9's are size 6.5 and are 80mm wheels, are they different to other 6.5's? (as I'm going to get some RPD max when I can afford it and I like the all 80mm setup)

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and thought I'd say hi, all the way from New Zealand. My two sons (8 & 9yrs) have recently got into roller hockey, which only has a small following here, so I have found myself having to learn how to skate myself. I am a regular skier so the transition hasn't been too much of problem. Anyway, I currently skate on an old pair of Edwards LoCash aggresive skates, which are falling apart and don't give me much grip at all so I have been scouring the threads for info on a set of skates for myself. So thanks to all of your knowledge and comments I made a decision and ordered a set of Alkalai Crew skates from Inlineskatewarehouse yesderday. There is a chance I may get into the sport myself so these skates sounded like a good starting point. Just a question for Justin 1933 though....I read your post about how to bake skates & you mentioned 150 as the temperature...was that Fahrenheit or Celsius? What is the actual temperature that your skate bake ovens are set to? The reason I ask is that down here in Kiwi land we don't have many places we can go for expert help in this area other than ski shops, which are generally closed up until winter. So any detailed info on temp & time would be great.

Edited by kiwiroller

Kiwi,

Great to hear you picked up a pair of Crew skates. For the heat fit, you need to have a convection style oven and set the temp around 180 F for 9minutes. Since you are not using a traditional skate oven, keep an eye on the skates and make sure they don't get to soft or hot. You can check out Alkali Hockey on Youtube and you can see how we heat fit skates.

Kiwi,

Great to hear you picked up a pair of Crew skates. For the heat fit, you need to have a convection style oven and set the temp around 180 F for 9minutes. Since you are not using a traditional skate oven, keep an eye on the skates and make sure they don't get to soft or hot. You can check out Alkali Hockey on Youtube and you can see how we heat fit skates.

Thanks for that. It seems like you're the only company backing their product and offering help so Alkalai was an easy choice. I just have to wait another week for them to arrive now...can't wait.

I've done my homework well so I won't be tempted to skate on them too soon after the bake & cheers for the video link. We have 1 online store here in NZ that carries hockey equipment but you pay 3-4 times the price of the skates so it's cheaper to import them so you guys helped me big time with my decision.

Edited by kiwiroller
  • Like 1

Thanks for that. It seems like you're the only company backing their product and offering help so Alkalai was an easy choice. I just have to wait another week for them to arrive now...can't wait.

I've done my homework well so I won't be tempted to skate on them too soon after the bake & cheers for the video link. We have 1 online store here in NZ that carries hockey equipment but you pay 3-4 times the price of the skates so it's cheaper to import them so you guys helped me big time with my decision.

Hey Kiwiroller, welcome to the sport of inline. If you need any advice or general help here in NZ drop me a pm, always willing to help.

Hey Kiwiroller, welcome to the sport of inline. If you need any advice or general help here in NZ drop me a pm, always willing to help.

Cheers Vet88. I'm sure I'll have a few things to ask a bit later on. I'm still trying to sort out my skating first. I'm sure it'll get better when my new skates are on. I think I'm doing pretty well considering.

Do all of the new generation of Alkali skates fit the same? I tried on what i think were the RPD team and the fit seemed pretty good. I'm interested in the RPD max but the shop doesn't carry them. Will they fit the same? Any comments about slightly less/more volume/width/length due to the material differences will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!