Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I think the size is ok. I could have maybe gone down half a size but I feel like they would have been really scrunched. All I know is that they don't fit me quite like my other skates. I actually have them on ebay now but haven't had any bites. Great deal to be had for someone. I'm bad at jumping the gun on trying new stuff.

There are plenty of posts on sizing for length - laces and tongue pulled right out, foot in, toes feathering the toe cap, if you can slide a pencil down the back of your heel the boots are too big by at least 1/2 a size. Ideal gap is 1mm - 2mm.

I'll have to give it a shot. When I pull the insoles and stand on them compared to my current skates they appear to be identical in terms of length. I used to skate with doubled up socks and didn't have problems. I had recently gotten back down to a single pair and wanted that to work for these. I might go back to doubled and see how it goes.

After about 7 months with my shifts I have come to love these skates. My only concern is that on my right foot, I have a hard time getting awesome heel lock. My left foot is perfect but it seems the right just doesnt want to get locked down. Superfeet had helped but I'm not there yet. I was looking Into stable 26 socks but before I spend money on those I would like to know if there is anything I could try without an aid like stable 26

You can build your own half donuts. Use closed cell neoprene foam, cut it into a C shape that fits around the bottom of your ankle bone, I always taped them to the inside of my ankle. Try one layer first, if that does not do the trick then try 2 layers. When I used multiple layers the next layer up was always slightly smaller in shape than the layer below so it does not create uneven pressure points on the ankle.

Downside is you have to tape your foot up every game and over time it will change the shape of the inside of the boot where it presses against the boot liner.

You could also try 2mm thick ezifit booties.

And last but not least, you could shape the boot more to your foot shape. Use a heat gun to soften up the rear quarter then use c-clamps to narrow the boot in the area under the ankles. You want the boot to move around 1/4' inwards each side. Any bad pressure points you can spot heat the area and then push it out with either your foot or use your thumb. Note, I used a 76mm wheel lodged into the pockets where my ankles would be to hold the top of the boot in it's current shape, the idea here is to get the bottom of the boot to grip your ankle better and stop your ankle from shifting.

Can the CA9's be stretched to any degree? Length-wise, they seem quite good aside from my big toe. The rest have ample room, but when I skate the big toe on both skates hit the toe box, which is actually quite painful after a while and definitely hurts my skating.

The first skate with them was a disaster, but I assume some time to get used to them. Baked a second time yesterday after skating and will try to play with them again today.

Today, not so good either.

Can these things be baked a 3rd time? I assume it will be no issue.

Now, the toe on the R side is good- Hardly pressing against the front.. But for some reason, my heel is not locking and I molded these with my kung-fu grip after baking. Baked a few Kors and Mako's and never had this issue. When I lift my right leg when skating, I feel the right side of the heel lift a little, such as if there is a bubble there.

Also, the lace bite is rather bad, but maybe that is just an issue of getting used to the skate. I loosened the top two eyelets and that helped dramatically.

The toe issue does get better as the heel lining compresses with use. The CA9 doesn't have a lot of volume, I lived with lace bite in them the entire time I had them. Inside out lacing helps but as they get more worn in it gets worse until you implement something permanent like a lace bite gel pad or similar, different tongue or a forsberg pad (this is simple and easy to make and the ultimate stop to lace bite).

The heel lock was another weakness (imho) in this skate, try spot heating the rear quarter and use a c-clamp to clamp underneath the ankle bones. This will give you more grip around the lower ankle area and it helped stop my heel from slipping.

I still have faith, Vet. I'll use JR's idea and stick something on my two big toes for the next baking. I don't necessarily think that will expand the toe cap at all, but it will push my heel back as much as possible, which should help.

The c-clamp sounds extreme, but will try that as well for the ankle slipping. The left foot doesn't have that ankle movement issue, so that is a positive.

Thanks for your advice. Sounds like you have had a similar experience to me. What has been your ultimate solution? It's just frustrating that I have been skating on composite ice skates for years and I figured this would be much smoother. Especially coming from Missions that are literally 10+ years old and probably retailed at $350 bucks at that time (a mid-tier skate).

I purchased a pair of the Alkali RPD TEAM skates I have used them about 7 games now and I must say these r the most comfortable skates I have skated in years. very stiff too which I like. my only problem is on my left skate the chassis is mounted way off compared to the right skate. the front left skate is mouted like 1/4-3/8 to the outside from say the front middle of the boot this is throwing my skating off. Im not sure I should take the chassis to be remounted I think the holes would be too close and compromise the strength of the bottom of the boot.

I still have faith, Vet. I'll use JR's idea and stick something on my two big toes for the next baking. I don't necessarily think that will expand the toe cap at all, but it will push my heel back as much as possible, which should help.

The c-clamp sounds extreme, but will try that as well for the ankle slipping. The left foot doesn't have that ankle movement issue, so that is a positive.

Thanks for your advice. Sounds like you have had a similar experience to me. What has been your ultimate solution? It's just frustrating that I have been skating on composite ice skates for years and I figured this would be much smoother. Especially coming from Missions that are literally 10+ years old and probably retailed at $350 bucks at that time (a mid-tier skate).

After about a month of skating, the heel compressed about 2mm's which backed my toes off the toe box by that amount. Perfect fit. The heel didn't start slipping on me until after about 15 months of use and I ended up using the c-clamp and heat plus some 2mm ezyfit booties to fix it. However another issue arose with the chassis so I retired them (after 18 months of hard use) and moved to RPD max :)

They are definitely lighter by around 50 grams on average. This savings is all in the boot, as there is no savings in the weight below the boot. As for the Max+ and Shift+ there is a bit difference in the boot stiffness (the Shift+ is still stiffer than our current Max). The Max+ has a better internal lining material and has the better chassis and wheel verse the Shift+