Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

releap; the guys at alkali for their second range listened to a lot of feedback they got from their players. The consensus lead to Alkali adjusting the the chassis, so it was mounting further up into the boot (or the boot lower onto the chassis-whatever way you look at it).
The benefits stated by Alkali, is a more responsive chassis through the turns and better more direct power transfer. My choice would echo Wicked3Aussies and say go with the Shift.

• Like 1

Just to add, i will be going for the new shift+ when they are released next month. The fact Alkali put a smaller chassis on sizes 5-6.5 with smaller wheels is a clincher (i am a 6.5 size). Shows the thought they have put into every size range to make the most responsive skate for everyone (no matter how small or tall you are!).

Edited by sss1987

Just to add, i will be going for the new shift+ when they are released next month. The fact Alkali put a smaller chassis on sizes 5-6.5 with smaller wheels is a clincher (i am a 6.5 size). Shows the thought they have put into every size range to make the most responsive skate for everyone (no matter how small or tall you are!).

I agree with this entirely, my son is fit nicely into the size 6 CA5 we tried on, so assuming the the fit is similar that would be my plan as well, but those discounts for the 2013 models are getting tempting, I would imagine even more so once these models arrive.

hi guys, looking for a bit of direction RE sizing.

I wear bauer one.9 in a size8.5 but have room in the toe box (probibly should have gone down the 8); I've measured my foot and am 26cm looking at the shifts. Can anyone help with sizing? I am under the impression i'd be an 8. seeing the clearance sales have begun in anticipation of the new skates in the coming week or so it's becoming really tempting....pity there are not any stores in Australia to try 'em out; and i'm not going to wait till i go back to canada to get my hands on a pair.

If your feet are 26cm long you would likely need a 7.5 in the shifts and should be a 7 in the one.9. My feet are 26.7cm and I have demoed supremes and would need a 7.5ee. I have tried on 8.5 alkali skates and they were a bit too long so I would need an 8.

If your feet are 26cm long you would likely need a 7.5 in the shifts and should be a 7 in the one.9. My feet are 26.7cm and I have demoed supremes and would need a 7.5ee. I have tried on 8.5 alkali skates and they were a bit too long so I would need an 8.

thanks for the info! where did you pull this from?

my measurement is also from barefoot and not with the walmart socks (can't play with anything but on). can't get my head around going down to a 7 in the supremes, mind you I've never been one to enjoy having my toes brush the toe box.

As I've mentioned earlier mine are 26.5cm and I'm in size 8.5 Alkalis.

My toes are just off touching the toe cap, it's the perfect fit for me.

I guess that just shows why trying things on is a good idea, we've all got different feet.

thanks for the info! where did you pull this from?

my measurement is also from barefoot and not with the walmart socks (can't play with anything but on). can't get my head around going down to a 7 in the supremes, mind you I've never been one to enjoy having my toes brush the toe box.

I get the info from measuring my feet without socks on, have actually demoed 7.5EE Supremes (length was good, but had a bit of heel lift in the EE and the D forfoot was too narrow so they weren't perfect) on a few times at Modsquad events and tried on a pair of 8.5 Alkali's. I also use 8.5 KOR skates and according to the KOR fit guide an 8.5 skate is 26.9cm - my very wide 26.7cm foot brushes the toe caps on those skates with thin socks on so that would confirm the length. I do like to wear skates as small as possible without serious pain and have my toes brushing the caps.

Some people go longer than they need to allow for a wide foot instead of going down in length and using a wider size/skate. I don't know how wide your feet are in comparison to the length so don't know if that's the case for you. Nothing beats trying the skates on, but if you've measured accurately and your foot is 26cm then my best guess from my experiences are you'd need a 7 Supreme and 7.5 Alkali for that brushing the toe fit - if you like extra room (which you seem to) then a 7.5 Supreme and 8 Alkali would provide that room. Your 8.5 Supremes might not feel like they're at least 1 size too long because you may tie them tight and/or have a wider foot so it feel secure in a D boot. If you went down a size or size and a half and do have a wider foot then you might need to go with a wider size.

As I've mentioned earlier mine are 26.5cm and I'm in size 8.5 Alkalis.

My toes are just off touching the toe cap, it's the perfect fit for me.

I guess that just shows why trying things on is a good idea, we've all got different feet.

Your feet being a little off the cap in 8.5 Alkali's is actually consistent with my experience since my feet are almost the same size. The 8.5 Alkali's that I tried on were almost the right size and my feet were just off the cap so I felt that 8s would lengthwise (don't know if they'd be wide enough for my flippers), but there were no 8s to try on - I prefer my big toe to be touching the cap at first and then just brushing the cap after the skates are baked and broken in. That's just a fit preference.

• Like 1

My feet are 25.5cm long and I fit Alakali 6.5 perfectly,. Ergo 26cm long feet will fit Alkali 7.5 for length but you may get into a 7 depending on how you like your fit and how you have measured your foot for length..

Edited by Vet88

thanks for the info guys; helps a lot. Living in Adelaide, Australia so going to a store is not an option as the only one in town is the proshop @ the rink and they don't stock too much but do have quite a decent selection of roller and ice stuff - just at prices you would not be willing to pay unless in a pinch. but hey can't blame the guy monopoly + has less buying power as there is a smaller market. I'm originally from Mississauga and would have A) gone to my local guy or B) gone to see what i could have got through the team.

I just bought an 8 in the RPD team, and it was a bit too small for me (I don't like my toes touching the cap at all). I normally wear an 8 in Bauer Vapor skates, so they might run a little smaller?

If your toes are touching the toe cap when new, after 4 or 5 skates your heel will settle back into the pocket and your toes should move back by about 1mm. I don't know if that will give you enough clearance, I doubt it based on the Bauer size you skate in. In my experience Alkali run smaller than other skates and you generally need to buy a 1/2 size up, Bauer 8 equals Alkali 8.5.

• Like 1

New site is being completed shortly. We had to start over, when the people we hired to do our website failed. Luckily we have Steve, and he is knocking out a great new site.