Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Looking to pick up a pair of Shifts on clearance and can't make heads or tails of the sizing advice after going through this forum. I am exactly a 9D in Bauer Supreme One.7. My best guess from the forums is a 9.5, but I also may need a 10. Obviously going to a shop to do this would be best, but my LHS does not carry alkali. Thanks for the help!

Looking to pick up a pair of Shifts on clearance and can't make heads or tails of the sizing advice after going through this forum. I am exactly a 9D in Bauer Supreme One.7. My best guess from the forums is a 9.5, but I also may need a 10. Obviously going to a shop to do this would be best, but my LHS does not carry alkali. Thanks for the help!

When I bought mine I had the same problem but I ended up measuring the length of my feet and using the the size guide on inline warehouse, was very accurate.

I wore an 8 in Bauer (older Supremes), and my Grafs are 7.5(Ultra G5). I initially went with a 7.5 Team from Alkali but it felt too snug in the toe cap. Ended up with an 8 RPD Team+ and they have more more room without being too much room.

8D in supreme 190s and just bought 8.5 in RPD Team

Just baked them yesterday I could not believe the wrap I got out of them. My first thought when pulling them out of the box was they are a very boxy skate. I wasn't worried because I have read about easy they are to mold, but I didn't think it would be that much. Pleasantly surprised. Can't wait to use them.

• Like 1

Yeah it really is a game changer for the roller market in my opinion.

No D/EE to worry about while getting the perfect fit.

It's having your cake & eating it too!

The only other thing I'd really like from future Alkalis is a bit more weight cut out.

To be fair every new model has been lighter than the last but even the Tacks now with hum'ers are around the same weight as AC1s.

Edited by Wicked3Aussie

Has anyone used Alkali sticks? I'm thinking about either the Alkali Team or a clearance Mission Stir D1. What I like about the Alkali stick is that it's a true one-piece. What I like about the Mission stick is that there are more curves to choose from.

Edit: I use intermediate.

Edited by QuanSuDude

The only other thing I'd really like from future Alkalis is a bit more weight cut out.

To be fair every new model has been lighter than the last but even the Tacks now with hum'ers are around the same weight as AC1s.

While I agree, at least on my shifts, I notice most of the weight comes from the chassis itself. My mission lieutenants were heavy but it was from the boot. The chassis on my shifts is thick, almost to the point I think it would break a puck before it broke. So I welcome the bit of weight. I'm sure the magnesium chassis on these is phenomenal.

• Like 1

Has anyone used Alkali sticks? I'm thinking about either the Alkali Team or a clearance Mission Stir D1. What I like about the Alkali stick is that it's a true one-piece. What I like about the Mission stick is that there are more curves to choose from.

Edit: I use intermediate.

I ordered a max stick from IW that should be arriving sometime soon. Got it for 160 shipped so for a top end stick it is relatively inexpensive. One of my ice teammates recommended it to me as I asked him about suggestions he had for better puck feel as my RBZ and ek15 are both awkward to me with the roller puck. I'll let you know my findings
  • Like 3

While I agree, at least on my shifts, I notice most of the weight comes from the chassis itself. My mission lieutenants were heavy but it was from the boot. The chassis on my shifts is thick, almost to the point I think it would break a puck before it broke. So I welcome the bit of weight. I'm sure the magnesium chassis on these is phenomenal.

The mag chassis is a great addition to these skates, makes a huge difference.

If you have a look at something similar like the CCM Tacks on a straight chassis they managed to cut around 100g per boot from the package.

But then at the same time the price of the CCM skates is almost at the thousand mark.

its alright to want these features but are people willing to pay extra for them?

That's the question.

Edited by Wicked3Aussie

Question for Justin:

Jumpin back into roller hockey after a decade off. Love everything I've read about your company. Simple sizing question...I see that my shoe size(14 in nike) is the only size not translating into a definite skate size. I'm falling between a 12&13 skate. Any recommendation how to address this?

I also wear a 14 in Nike running shoes and ended up with a 13 in last years rpd max. They fit great length wise and the bake really does get a custom fit around your foot. Side note on the bake, I had it done at total hockey in st peters and the kid doing it insisted I remain seated for the entire process. Against my better judgement I too his advice and ended up with a decent, but not great fit. Skated on them a couple of times and had some spots rubbing. I went back to total hockey and did the bake process again following the steps that alkali reccomends in there YouTube video and it's a game changer. Whatever size you end up with follow alkali's instructions for the bake. It does matter.

• Like 2

I also wear a 14 in Nike running shoes and ended up with a 13 in last years rpd max. They fit great length wise and the bake really does get a custom fit around your foot. Side note on the bake, I had it done at total hockey in st peters and the kid doing it insisted I remain seated for the entire process. Against my better judgement I too his advice and ended up with a decent, but not great fit. Skated on them a couple of times and had some spots rubbing. I went back to total hockey and did the bake process again following the steps that alkali reccomends in there YouTube video and it's a game changer. Whatever size you end up with follow alkali's instructions for the bake. It does matter.

13 it is. And thanks for the heads up on proper how to bake em. Much appreciated info, B_S

I just got the rpd+ shifts and I have got to say that they are phenomenal. Like you guys at alkali hit this out of the park. For a long time I was really battling the issues of having such a wide foot but being a smaller guy i have little feet at the same time (in terms of length) so I was constantly just not happy with my skates or just not as happy as I could be. This baking process FINALLY lets my feet just be themselves aha. I literally got these friday at 3ish and had them baked, first time using them was around 4ish on saturday then had a NAERHL tryout at 9 and it all just felt so good. I felt quicker and faster. Even when I fell down, i popped back up cause they're just glued to my feet. I'm so happy I made this transition. Hopefully they last me quite a while. And judging by Justin's feedback on here, I'm very comfortable and confident if there were to be some defect or problem with the skate that it WILL get solved. Again, great product.

Edited by MikeWhy
  • Like 1

Question for Justin:

Jumpin back into roller hockey after a decade off. Love everything I've read about your company. Simple sizing question...I see that my shoe size(14 in nike) is the only size not translating into a definite skate size. I'm falling between a 12&13 skate. Any recommendation how to address this?

Definitely go with a size 13.

Guys, I love the great feedback and happy to hear the skates are working out for so many of you. Since there so many new guys joining the family, i will do a little contest for ModSquad guys only. Post a pic with something Alkali, and I will pick a winner for a free pair of pants. Post up on this thread, and I will chose a winner next Monday.

• Like 1

My RPD Max with Labeda Shooters (my local rink has concrete floor). I'm very satisfied with skates and main reason I chose them was this forum.

gjSsx8Cl.jpg

Edited by Slash13
  • Like 2

My RPD Team+. Best feeling skate I've ever worn, on ice or roller. (I've skated Bauer, CCM and Graf)

934769_10153139483999258_325506141567115

Edited by beedee
  • Like 1