Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ben_a

LHS Louisville Kentucky

Hey

I'm visiting Louisville Kentucky next month from overseas and looking to get some hockey equipment. Just wondering if anyone knew of any LHS around the area that i could go to? I know theirs the Iceland and Alpine Ice Area pro shops but not sure if they stock a good range of stuff.

Thanks in advance

Ben

Hey Ben,

Sorry, there is absolutely NOTHING here in Louisville in regards to hockey equipment. Alpine only opens for the winter months, and doesnt stock any equipment at all.

Iceland stocks limited gear for youth players, and maybe (and thats a big maybe) you'll be able to find a low end adult piece of gear, and its probably overpriced.

You're lookin at a one to two hour drive (at least) from louisville to anywhere that may carry a decent selection. Personally, Ive never been able to buy a single piece of gear here, there's just nothing to offer. While we have a couple rinks, theres definitely no Local Hockey Shop.

Thanks for the reply Race4LastPlace, bummer about no LHS. What is the closest one? I heard theirs one in Cincinnati Ohio, but i have know idea how long the drive would be.

Pretty much the 3 closest places to go are roughly 100 miles away each.

IWSA in idianapolis, indiana. About a 1 hour 45 minute drive north. This is the shop i've been to the most, and they had a decent selection. Ive spent a ton of money there :) Here is the link to their info: http://www.iwsa.org/proshop.html. I'd suggest emailing the manager Chris (he is a member here), great dude. Let him know what you're looking for, if he doesnt have it, he can order it most likely.

Sports Plus in cincinnatti, ohio. again just under a 2 hour drive northeast. Ive been here once and they had a pretty good selection. I heard some rumors that they may have or will be shutting down the pro shop but i do not know for sure. Link: http://www.sportsplusohio.com/pro-shop.php I definitely suggest contacting them for more info.

lastly there is Swonder Ice rink in Evansville, indiana. About a 2 hour drive west. Never been here, dont know anyone who has. Just know that it's there. Link: http://www.swonder.evansville.net/ again, email/call them for more information.

Let me know if you have any more questions coming to Louisville.

Thanks for the info Race4LastPlace, much appreciated. I might just have to order my stuff online. Hopefully New York has a hockey store there when i visit. I know the hockey season is over but any chance of seeing any hockey in Louisville in June?

Iceland runs adult leagues year round. Come june, thats all there will be. Sunday afternoon/evening will be the best day to watch, as thats when most (including the higher skill level) divisions play. Beginners on monday, D League and Over 30 league wednesday. Private pickup on saturday. C, C+, and B leagues play on Sundays. More info here-> LAHPA

Its not pro hockey, its not junior hockey, but its decent adult level (Beer League) hockey if you decide to come out.